Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 2.4.6 - 10.22.2021
- Added two additional advanced options for in-wall columns: Top Plt. Cut, Btm Plt. Cut.
- Added two additional parameters into the Columns tab of the global settings.
- Fixed a critical bug with the wall copy tool that was created with the prior update.
- Added error checking code into the rectangular wall edit menu for sheathing, cladding, and gypsum materials.
- Added error checking code into the window edit menu for the shutter material.

With the in-wall columns I've also changed the draw and edit tool so that the columns can be drawn at the end of the walls, there is no longer the one-stud limitation, not even sure why I added that in originally.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 2.4.7 - 10.24.2021
- Fixed a bug with shed walls for the following end configurations: Inside Corner, Inset Inside Corner.

This fix should resolve the issues we were seeing with the shed wall.  I probably missed these bug(s) initially because the inside corner with a shed wall is not very common and sometimes I don't test every possible permutation even though I should. 

I may need to go back into the gable and hip wall modules and test them a bit further.

Medeek

Version 2.4.7b - 10.25.2021
- Added the following additional Wide Flange (W) beams to the beam module: W10X22, W10X26, W10X30, W10X33, W10X39, W10X45, W12X26, W12X30, W12X35, W12X40.

Medeek

Version 2.4.8 - 10.30.2021
- Added an end cripples option for all window types.

I will probably also need to add in this option for doors and garage doors.

!!! WARNING !!!
This update will require deleting and recreating any window presets.  This update will not affect any other preset types (ie. wall, door, garage door etc...)

Medeek

Version 2.4.9 - 10.31.2021
- Added an end cripples option for all man doors.
- Added an end cripples option for all garage doors.
- Fixed a bug with exterior trim for arched garage doors when the "trim union" option is enabled.

!!! WARNING !!!
This update will require deleting and recreating any door and garage door presets. This update will not affect any other preset types (ie. wall, window etc...)

Medeek

Version 2.5.0 - 11.06.2021
- Added a rainscreen option for rectangular walls (vertical furring strips).

!!! WARNING !!!
This update will require deleting and recreating any rectangular wall presets. This update will not affect any other preset types (ie. gable wall, shed wall, hip wall, door, window etc...)

This feature has been requested multiple times lately so I thought I might try and get a rudimentary rainscreen feature put together.  Note that the current rainscreen module is fairly simple and does not trim around openings.  If you want the furring strips to line up with the studs you can set the offset value to 1/2 of the stud spacing (or any other value for a different alignment).

I consider this feature more representational at this point but please give me additional feedback with regards to future improvements or additional options/requirements.

Medeek

Version 2.5.1 - 11.14.2021
- Added a horizontal rainscreen option for rectangular walls (horizontal furring/girt boards).
- Added an option for top and bottom furring/girt boards for horizontal rainscreens.

If you set the top or bottom sizes to "zero - 0.0" then it will eliminate that respective option.

Medeek

In recognition of the overwhelming support I have received from the SketchUp community during 2021 I will be immediately offering 35% off of the mdkBIM bundle price (permanent license) using the coupon code **GIVETHANKS21** . (promotion ends Dec. 1, 2021).

This will reduce the bundle price from $280.00 USD to $182.00 USD. This promo code does not apply to any of the extensions purchased separately or to the electrical plugin. The offer also ends on Dec. 1 and no rain checks will issued thereafter.

Medeek

Version 2.5.2 - 11.15.2021
- Fixed a bug with exterior trim (corners) for shed walls.
- Fixed a bug with rectangular wall presets.

Medeek

Version 2.5.3 - 11.23.2021
- Added a Custom Column Library/Manager in the Columns tab of the Global Settings.
- Enabled custom sizes for Sawn Lumber, Timber and SCL(PSL,LSL,LVL) columns.
- Created the Medeek Wall API: wall_regen
- Enabled an additional wall justification option for all wall types: Sheathing.

*Note:  Just a reminder that the Alt key is the hotkey for toggling the wall justification.

Medeek

Note: To call the wall_regen method:
Medeek_Engineering_Inc_Extensions::MedeekWallPlugin::Wall::MedeekMethods.wall_regen entity
where the entity is the Medeek wall group.

The column update required modifying at least 10 files and took about five days of concerted effort, some of it quite tedious and I will say boring, but yeah, it is always worth it. Basically an entire rewrite of the in-wall column module, a lot of the code under the hood was reviewed and updated to bring it up to speed with the highly efficient beam module. Now all of the menus are HTML as well.

The addition of the API took all of 15 minutes to add.

The wall justification was only about another 1.5 hours of work.

Mostly it was me deciding whether it would muddy the waters too much to go from three options to four (front, center back → front, center, back, sheathing). You will notice that when you use the draw wall tool now it will show a small text near the wall length dimension letting you know which justification mode that you are in. The placement and the size of this specific text may yet require some fine tuning, I want that information to be available to the user but I don't want it to be so obtrusive that it is annoyingly so. Feedback required...

Medeek

With regards to structural composite lumber and the new Custom Column Library. If you specify in the column name one of the following three key words, the plugin will then apply the appropriate material/texture:

LVL/LSL/PSL

Medeek

Version 2.5.4 - 11.26.2021
- Improved the organization of the HTML draw and edit menus for rectangular walls.

Medeek

Version 2.5.5 - 11.27.2021
- Updated the SSW draw menu with an HTML menu.

Medeek

Just a reminder that the Thanksgiving promotion (Black Friday/Cyber Monday) is still ongoing and will be active until Dec. 1st: