News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Wall and Window combinations

Started by eecho789, April 16, 2022, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eecho789

I am hoping that there is a simple solution for this that I am overlooking.  I was trying to put a full width window above a set of french doors.  No matter what combination I start with, door first or window first, the second opening I put in puts studs either all the way to the top or bottom of the wall directly through the window or door.    Is there an easy way I'm not seeing to do this?  Thanks.

eecho789

I updated the client and now everything works great!  I'm not sure what happened but thanks!  This software has really helped me with my house and garage build a ton!  10/10!

Medeek

I'm glad to hear that it is working now and also that the plugins are proving to be some utility.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

eecho789

I was looking today and I have a suggestion for a future update.  I think it would be helpful to have 9 1/2" LVL added for header options.  9 1/4" LVL works but my local supplier only carries 9 1/2" instead of 9 1/4" LVL's.  They told me it's to prevent them from being mixed/used with dimensional lumber in headers.  It's a small thing but I thought I would ask.  Thanks and once again I really enjoy this software!  It's been great!

Medeek

Have you tried adding a 9 1/2" custom header in the global settings?

eecho789

That worked like a charm! Thank you!  I now have 3 full designs and builds that I've used with this software.  With another planned for next year.  Thanks again! 

Medeek

Awesome and I am glad to hear you are getting some real world utility out of this plugin.