Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Medeek Truss Plugin / Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on June 23, 2021, 12:15:54 pm »
About two years ago I brought the asymmetric gable and hip roofs online and there was quite a bit discussion at this time about the positioning of the ridge board when the pitches are asymmetrical:

https://forums.sketchup.com/t/medeek-truss/16452/846

As I'm looking at this now my feeling is that the correct way to handle this is NOT to have the ridge board center up on the sheathing, so essentially I think I have it WRONG, or at least not configured the way I think it should be.

I will be giving this some more thought, I really hate for the plugin to be incorrect or wrong, it just doesn't sit well with me.  Maybe I'm not entirely wrong with the way I currently have it but there are two ways to handle this situation, and I am now liking the other way a bit more.

To clarify I've shown the two possible framing configurations for an asymmetric gable below:

« Last post by Medeek on June 23, 2021, 08:20:47 am »
Version 2.8.7 - 06.23.2021
- Added stats (roof cladding, sheathing, drip edge, hip & ridge, rafters) for gable and hip rafter roofs which can be analyzed within the Medeek Estimator (Wall Extension) module.
Medeek Wall Plugin / Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on June 23, 2021, 08:15:03 am »
Version 2.2.0 - 06.23.2021
- Added roof cladding, sheathing, drip edge, hip & ridge and rafters to the Medeek Estimator (gable and hip rafter roof assemblies).
- Added rafter labels for gable and hip rafter roofs within the Medeek Estimator.

*Note:  To have this new functionality work with the Truss plugin you will need to upgrade the Truss plugin to Version 2.8.7.
« Last post by Medeek on June 23, 2021, 04:43:19 am »
First look at a hip roof with rafter labels applied:

« Last post by Medeek on June 22, 2021, 06:32:07 pm »
First look at "Rafter Labels" for a gable roof.  Note that the dimensions are given in inches rather than feet:

« Last post by Medeek on June 22, 2021, 01:51:38 pm »
First look at the Medeek Estimator giving rafter lengths for gable and hip roofs:

Even a small hip roof has a lot of parts and pieces, I couldn't even fit the list of jack rafters within one screen shot.  The lengths on the hip rafters may not be exact but they should be within about an inch, so for estimating purposes that should be adequate for now.

There is still a lot more data that can be reported on (eg. soffit, fascia, sub-fascia, gutter, outlookers etc...)

*Note:  If you trim one of the rafters, it will give you the longest member length within that group for now, I still haven't figured out what I am going to do when a rafter is cut into two or more pieces.
« Last post by Medeek on June 19, 2021, 05:54:58 pm »
Tutorial 21 - 3D Cladding (12:15 min.)

« Last post by Medeek on June 19, 2021, 03:44:14 pm »
Version 2.1.9 - 06.20.2021
- Added the ability to create custom "Lap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Lap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.

« Last post by Medeek on June 18, 2021, 03:40:14 pm »
Tutorial 20: Custom and Subtractive Geometry (17:18 min.)

« Last post by Medeek on June 18, 2021, 08:44:08 am »
Version 2.8.6b - 06.18.2021
- Streamlined and improved the organization and naming convention of gable rafter roofs.
- Enabled subtractive geometry for hip and gable rafter roofs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10