News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Foundation Plugin bugs

Started by Dlamb, July 07, 2019, 07:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlamb

When I use this plugin for a stemwall foundation, and trace a poly line I've created, or pick a face of my creation, it creates the foundation about 80 feet off to the left side of the poly line, and rotated 90 degrees. This happens every time. Also, the footing rebar and anchor bolts are not showing up; the stemwall rebar is. Any thoughts?

Medeek

If you can turn on the ruby console, it will show an error codes generated.  Please send those directly to my email address nathan@medeek.com

However, those may not be enough information for me to figure this one out.  If you have a few minutes I would be interested in a Skype or Teamviewer session so I can see first hand what is happening.  Again, email me if you are able to arrange this.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Dlamb

I have installed the the July 2019 update & all is working perfectly so far. I think the display problem was because I did the design several times, erased it and did it new again & again. I tried it on a brand new SketchUp session.  Wasn't sure how to edit the design. Is that possible now?

Medeek

Right click on the assembly and then you will be given the option to edit the foundation assembly.

Dlamb

A right-click gives me an Edit Group like in a SkecthUp group, but doesn't give me the foundation parameters menus.

Dlamb

I'm on an iMac, OS 10.16.6 El Capitan. Also I get no toolbar titles, and no tools tips when hovering over the various MeDeek toolbars. I do get tootips on the other built-in SketchUp tool bars.

Medeek

What version of the Foundation plugin are you running?  The edit functionality is a very recent feature:

http://design.medeek.com/resources/foundationpluginchangelog.html

Also any foundation assembly created with an older version of the plugin will not be editable since it will be missing the attribute library (database).  Only newly created assemblies will be parametric.   Foundation assembly created with Version 1.2.8 is the safe bet.  I'm made a lot of changes to the foundation plugin both front and backend.  You will want the latest version.

Dlamb

Update: the right-click does now give me the 2 edit foundation functions, and thus is working with the new version. Also I have noticed that I sometimes can get a generic "medeek wall" tooltip if I click on the gray bar of a toolbar; since the toolbars have no names, however, it would be very useful to have the icons return a tooltip. I am beginning to master the functions of icons as I use them. Thanks for all your continued work.

Dlamb

I am back to this behavior again; new project file, select a face, and no anchor bolts or foundation rebar showing. Also, the foundation is rotated and displaced 180 from the face.

Dlamb

Update: I can get the plugin in to work if I use the Polygon method; rebar and anchor bolts show. The "Face" option was done on a component....do you think this caused the behavior? I also didn't get the Edit Assembly with a right click, but I do get this on the Polygon approach.

Medeek

I've fixed some additional bugs with this latest release, Version 1.3.1.  Let me know what you get.