Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 2.1.1b - 05.09.2021
- Components within wall panels can also be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 2.1.2 - 05.10.2021
- Added logic into the add and draw menus to prevent users from using single and double quotes in preset names.

Medeek

Version 2.1.3 - 05.20.2021
- Fixed a bug with pocket doors when using the "No Frame" or "CMU" wall framing mode.

Medeek

Version 2.1.4 - 05.29.2021
- Added an option for vertically offsetting text and symbols within the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Annotation text and symbols for doors, windows, garage doors, columns, Simpson Strong walls, and shear walls can be vertically offset a custom amount from the bottom of the wall.

Medeek

Version 2.1.5 - 06.06.2021
- Updated the Medeek Estimator to include lumber/member lengths in both feet-inches (fractional) and decimal inches when using imperial units.
- Further optimized and organized the Medeek Estimator code base in preparation for expansion of its functionality.

Medeek

Version 2.1.6 - 06.07.2021
- Enabled an option for a steel framing (Cold Formed Steel) texture for lumber/studs in the global settings.

In the 2D mode the steel framed walls will appear a grey color as shown:

I was about to dive into the estimating module this morning but I received yet another email regarding steel framing.  This update only provides what I like to call a "cosmetic" steel framed wall.  All I am really doing is applying some textures (and hiding one face) to the otherwise standard wood studs so that they resemble a steel stud.  These are not proper steel framed walls in my opinion.

This option in the Materials tab of the global settings is somewhat experimental and I am sure further improvements can be made so please send me any feedback, but realize that dimensionally these are not "real" steel framed walls.  To take it to that level would probably involved creating an entirely new plugin devoted only to steel framing (CFS).

Please see model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f1595258-f8b7-48cd-93c3-ff3cbf095b4f/CFS-Framing-1

Medeek

Version 2.1.6b - 06.08.2021
- Steel framing indicated (by color) in 2D or 3D "No Framing" mode.
- Enabled steel framing for gable, shed and hip walls.
- Fixed a bug within the window edit menu regarding window presets.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/abc0b628-bef4-429a-b67a-3262544165d7/CFS-Framing-2

Medeek

Version 2.1.6c - 06.09.2021
- Enabled boxed headers (2 ply) for windows, doors and garages by using the key word "BOX" in the header description.

*Note that this type of header works for both wood and steel and one can create boxed headers within the custom header library in the global settings.  The only stipulation is that the header must be a 2-ply header.

Medeek

Version 2.1.6d - 06.09.2021
- Fixed a minor bug with the custom beam and header libraries (status, edit and delete functions).

This issue affected beams or headers that included brackets in the name, "(" or ")". This particular bug has been around for months but I guess no one noticed (myself included) that you could not delete, edit or change the status of beams or headers with brackets in the name/description.

Medeek

Medeek

Version 2.1.8 - 06.14.2021
Added roof cladding to the Medeek Estimator (common and monopitch truss assemblies).
Enabled net area calculations for roof sheathing and roof cladding.
Fixed a minor bug with in-wall columns and layers/tags.

To take advantage of the updates to the Medeek Estimator for roof truss assemblies listed above you will need to upgrade to this latest version of the Wall plugin.

Medeek

Version 2.1.9 - 06.20.2021
- Added the ability to create custom "Lap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Lap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.

Medeek

Medeek

Version 2.2.0 - 06.23.2021
- Added roof cladding, sheathing, drip edge, hip & ridge and rafters to the Medeek Estimator (gable and hip rafter roof assemblies).
- Added rafter labels for gable and hip rafter roofs within the Medeek Estimator.

*Note:  To have this new functionality work with the Truss plugin you will need to upgrade the Truss plugin to Version 2.8.7.

Medeek

A live stream this morning with Artisan Tony: