Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 2.2.7 - 08.03.2021
- Added insulation to the Medeek Estimator for rectangular walls.

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 2.2.8 - 08.04.2021
- Fixed a bug with blocking and insulation for portal frame garage doors within rectangular walls.

Portal frames add a good deal of complexity to the framing, blocking and insulation.  Some of the details were not completely worked out previously.  I think I now have most if not all of these issues addressed. 

I also may need to spend some additional time on the holdown placement when multiple portal frames are adjacent to each other like in the example shown.

Medeek

mdkBIM Tutorial 1: Modeling a Two Car Detached Garage (41:14 min.)

A few issues popped out during the making of this tutorial:

1.) Portal frame holdown placement, custom deletion and redundancy, feedback required.
2.) Wall copy tool did not copy the insulation option setting.
3.) The insulation algorithm seems inconsistent when dealing with tee intersections.

View garage model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/58091575-f451-4c3e-af1c-934b28cecefe/Garage-4

Medeek

Version 2.2.9 - 08.06.2021
- Fixed a bug with framing, blocking and insulation for tee intersections for all wall types.
- Fixed a minor bug with six panel doors when the door vertical offset is a non-zero value.

This resolves the issue #3 noted in the recent mdkBIM tutorial.  I would highly recommend installing this latest update.

Medeek

Version 2.3.0 - 08.08.2021
- Fixed a bug with wall presets for rectangular walls.

!!!! CRITICAL BUG FIX !!!!
If you are using wall presets with rectangular walls and have upgraded to Version 2.2.4 or later then you will want to upgrade to this latest version which rectifies a bug introduced in Version 2.2.4.

Medeek

Version 2.3.1 - 08.09.2021
- Added a vertical offset parameter for cladding material for gable walls.
- Added a vertical offset parameter for "Log" and "Shiplap" cladding materials for gable walls.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for cladding material for gable walls.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for "Board and Batten" and "Metal" 3D cladding materials for gable walls.

Medeek

Version 2.3.2 - 08.12.2021
- Added a vertical offset parameter for cladding material for shed and hip walls.
- Added a vertical offset parameter for "Log" and "Shiplap" cladding materials for shed and hip walls.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for cladding material for shed and hip walls.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for "Board and Batten" and "Metal" 3D cladding materials for shed and hip walls.

Some rather tedious code updates but important that these wall types have all the options of the rectangular wall type.

Medeek

Version 2.3.3 - 08.17.2021
- Fixed a minor bug with sliding glass doors when the door vertical offset is a non-zero value.

Medeek

Version 2.3.4 - 08.18.2021
- Added logic into the add and edit menus to prevent users from using single and double quotes in beam and header names.
- Added logic into all HTML menus to prevent users from using vertical bars in beam and header names and within preset names.

Medeek

Version 2.3.5 - 08.21.2021
- Fixed a bug with Simpson Strong Walls when "Terminal" wall end conditions are used in a wall assembly.
- Modified the "Edit Wall Assembly" context menu tool so that it behaves similar to the "Edit Wall" tool.
- Fixed a bug with the wall stretch tool so it now allows for wall stretch or shrinks that are less than 3".
- Enabled spaced headers (2 ply or 3 ply) for windows, doors and garages by using the key word "FILL" in the header description.

*Note, that the header must by a 2 ply or 3 ply header to use a spacer as shown.  Also the header description must include a string in this format "FILL_OSB_0.375" or "FILL_PLY_0.4375".  The second term is either OSB or PLY which will determine the material to use as the spacer.  The third term is the thickness of the spacer (ie. 0.25, 0.375, 0.4375, 0.5 etc...).  In a metric template you can specify the spacer thickness in millimeters instead of inches.

Medeek

Version 2.3.6 - 08.23.2021
- Enabled a trim option for wrapped free standing columns.

The trim combined with the cap or astragal can give even more variations.

Medeek

Version 2.3.7 - 08.28.2021
- Added gable walls to the Medeek Estimator.
- Fixed a MacOS/Windows bug with the wall justification hotkey for all wall types.

I still need to add in Shed and Hip walls but it will go much quicker now that I have the gable walls as a template.

Medeek

Version 2.3.8 - 08.29.2021
- Added shed and hip walls to the Medeek Estimator.
- Adjusted the auto-corner configuration algorithm to better predict terminal wall configurations when three walls come together at an inside or outside corner.

When multiple walls come together at a corner or junction it is arguably quite hard to predict the intent and desired configuration of the builder/designer/user.

I think what I have now addresses the immediate issue where a tee intersection was being created instead of a terminal connection, per the previous discussion.

I will need to continue to test this new algorithm further (put it through its paces) and also receive additional feedback from users.  If you notice anything that appears unpredictable or counter-intuitive please feel free to email me so we can discuss.

Medeek

Version 2.3.9 - 08.31.2021
- Added a window clearance (shim space) parameter within the Windows tab of the Globals Settings.

Previously the shim space or window clearance was hard coded in as 1/4" or 6.35mm.  Now the user can customize this clearance between the rough opening framing and the window frame.  If you do adjust this parameter you will probably also want to adjust the Window Trim Inset parameter so it matches, this way the window trim will butt up against the window frame tight.

This was a user requested update from New Zealand.

Medeek

Version 2.4.0 - 09.01.2021
- Fixed a bug with spaced headers when applied to trapezoidal windows.

This bug fix only applies to window headers since there are no sloped headers for doors or garage doors.  This fix applies to 2-ply and 3-ply spaced headers.