Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

First look at exterior trim with a Pentagon window:

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

First look at pentagon windows with the various casing options:

Medeek

First look at a gable wall with a combination of rectangular, trapezoid and pentagon windows:

This type of gable wall would probably be used with a scissor truss set where the bottom pitch of the truss set aligns with the pitch/slope of the windows.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/a2c88ea3-bd95-40cd-883e-56c407edc433/Window-Wall-2

Medeek

Version 2.0.8 - 05.05.2021
- Added pentagon windows to the window draw and edit menus for all wall types: rectangular, gable, shed and hip.
- Added isoceles/equilateral triangle windows to the window draw and edit menus for all wall types: rectangular, gable, shed and hip.

Medeek

Version 2.0.8b - 05.06.2021
- Fixed a bug with exterior trim and wainscoting for trapezoid and pentagon windows.

***** CRITICAL BUG FIX *****
If you are using either trapezoid or pentagon windows with exterior trim or wainscoting this is a critical bug fix.  It is highly recommended to upgrade to this latest release to address this issue.

Medeek

Tutorial 20 - Trapezoid and Pentagon Windows (16:59 min.)

Medeek

Version 2.0.8c - 05.06.2021
- Minor update to the window draw and edit menus.
- Customized the wireframe preview for the Trapezoid and Pentagon window geometry.

Medeek

When a wall tees into another wall the "hide wall lines" algorithm does not remove those lines.

I'm fixing that algorithm so that all the top plate lines/edges are hidden and you end up with a result like this:

Medeek

Version 2.0.9 - 05.07.2021
- Improved the "hide wall lines" feature for all wall types: rectangular, gable, shed and hip.

Daniel Gates

Hi Nathaniel,

Relating to your recent post on hiding the wall junction and splits lines, will there be an option to still be able to show them?

They are handy when generating the panel layouts.

Daniel Gates

Just an idea...

When using the split tool is it possible to regen the stud centres from the newly split wall starting point/origin...

So when manufacturing the timber frame panels we can start with a full OSB board.

ATM, I have been drawing the walls out and manually breaking them as I go, which is easily done.

Daniel Gates

Update request please...

To have a ventilated batten system between the cladding and membrane...

The vent for the batten would be a metal trim at the base of the batten, we normally use the Hardie Plank cladding and trims.

Daniel Gates

I have been toying with your plugin and quantifier pro recently to try and automate my pricing, but I hit a little snag.

When drawing external & internals walls they share the same layer tags, even if the timber sizes etc are different.

My first thought was, is it possible to place them on different tags, (which would be nice anyways) but it might not solve the problem completely...

As there can be different external and internal wall types in a model, so it would need to have different tag for every group/component and all there options, which would be madness!...

Unless there is a way of dynamically appending the options (i.e wall_framing_38x140mm) to your existing tag format?

I did think some people might not like so many tags, so it might need a global on/off switch?

Many Thanks.

Medeek

Version 2.1.0 - 05.08.2021
- Added a 2D symbol for pocket doors to the top of the wall for the following wall types: rectangular, gable and shed.
- Introduced additional logic into the Custom Material Library to prevent users from using double or single quotes in custom material names.

Medeek

Version 2.1.1 - 05.09.2021
- Added an option for subtractive geometry into the Walls tab of the Global Settings.
- Sub-groups within wall panels can be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

This is quite a major breakthrough for the wall plugin.  I've been trying to think of a way to enable (manual) customization of the wall geometry for quite some time, specifically subtractive modifications.  This system will now allow the user to achieve that goal.

Naming a group within the wall assembly to include the key word "CUSTOM" (case insensitive) will allow it to persist upon rebuild.

Naming a group within the wall assembly to include the key word "SUBTRACT" (case insensitive) will allow it to persist and boolean subtract from other groups within the assembly upon rebuild.

The subtractive group needs to be a valid solid for it to function correctly and its entity name needs to contain the key word "subtract" or "SUBTRACT".

What I like to do is create a special tag/layer for the subtraction geometry and then once I am done modifying or creating it I turn off the visibility of the layer/tag and only the holes or results in the wall geometry is shown.