Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Medeek Truss Plugin / Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on June 14, 2021, 11:58:51 am »
Version 2.8.5 - 06.14.2021
- Added stats (roof cladding) for common and monopitch truss roofs which can be analyzed within the Medeek Estimator (Wall Extension) module.
- Enabled net area calculations for roof sheathing and roof cladding statistics.

If cladding and/or sheathing is removed by subtractive geometry or features such as skylights, this information/data will be recorded and accounted for within the assembly.  When the Medeek Estimator runs it will pick up the net and gross areas for cladding and sheathing and report the correct amounts.  Previously only the gross areas were reported by the estimator.
Medeek Wall Plugin / Shed Walls
« Last post by Medeek on June 14, 2021, 04:17:41 am »
Some recent questions on shed walls from users of the Wall plugin.

Here is a very basic example of a shed wall application:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/33c80821-ce90-468c-abc9-499bb72eef16/Small-Shed-1

Notice that the rectangular walls are set to "inset outside" corners and the shed walls are set to "outside" corners.  It could be vice versa but I think this configuration is more common.

If you look closely at the model you will notice that the upper rectangular wall doesn't quite match up with the upper shed wall height.  This is because I rounded the wall height to the nearest 16th of an inch, however there is no reason why I can't take it to the 5th or 6th decimal place if I wanted it to be more exact, it's really up to the user.
« Last post by Medeek on June 13, 2021, 02:28:21 pm »
Version 2.8.4b - 06.13.2021
- Subtractive geometry can be constrained to only subtract from Sheathing and Cladding by setting the subtractive geometry parameter to "SHEATHING" in the global settings.

... and this is why feedback is important.
« Last post by Medeek on June 13, 2021, 11:02:49 am »
Version 2.8.4 - 06.13.2021
- Added a "Regen" context menu item for all truss assemblies (eg. Common Trusses, Scissor Trusses, Timber Trusses etc...)
- Added an option for subtractive geometry into the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Sub-groups within truss assemblies can be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)
- Components within truss assemblies can also be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

Once I've tested this a bit a further and received more feedback I will enable the same subtractive option/feature for rafter roofs and complex roofs.
Version 1.7.3 - 06.12.2021
- Added a "Regen" context menu item for the following foundation assemblies: Polyline Stemwall, Strip Footing, Interior Bearing.
Medeek Wall Plugin / Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on June 11, 2021, 12:39:20 pm »
Version 2.1.7 - 06.11.2021
- Enabled holdowns for portal framed garage door openings.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d8924047-31a1-4b8b-8902-7fd70fcdf2aa/Garage-Portal-Frame-with-Holdowns
« Last post by Medeek on June 09, 2021, 10:54:12 am »
Version 2.1.6d - 06.09.2021
- Fixed a minor bug with the custom beam and header libraries (status, edit and delete functions).

This issue affected beams or headers that included brackets in the name, "(" or ")". This particular bug has been around for months but I guess no one noticed (myself included) that you could not delete, edit or change the status of beams or headers with brackets in the name/description.
« Last post by Medeek on June 08, 2021, 03:58:47 pm »
Version 2.1.6c - 06.09.2021
- Enabled boxed headers (2 ply) for windows, doors and garages by using the key word "BOX" in the header description.

*Note that this type of header works for both wood and steel and one can create boxed headers within the custom header library in the global settings.  The only stipulation is that the header must be a 2-ply header.
« Last post by Medeek on June 08, 2021, 09:15:21 am »
Version 2.1.6b - 06.08.2021
- Steel framing indicated (by color) in 2D or 3D "No Framing" mode.
- Enabled steel framing for gable, shed and hip walls.
- Fixed a bug within the window edit menu regarding window presets.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/abc0b628-bef4-429a-b67a-3262544165d7/CFS-Framing-2
« Last post by Medeek on June 07, 2021, 01:59:42 pm »
Version 2.1.6 - 06.07.2021
- Enabled an option for a steel framing (Cold Formed Steel) texture for lumber/studs in the global settings.

In the 2D mode the steel framed walls will appear a grey color as shown:

I was about to dive into the estimating module this morning but I received yet another email regarding steel framing.  This update only provides what I like to call a "cosmetic" steel framed wall.  All I am really doing is applying some textures (and hiding one face) to the otherwise standard wood studs so that they resemble a steel stud.  These are not proper steel framed walls in my opinion.

This option in the Materials tab of the global settings is somewhat experimental and I am sure further improvements can be made so please send me any feedback, but realize that dimensionally these are not "real" steel framed walls.  To take it to that level would probably involved creating an entirely new plugin devoted only to steel framing (CFS).

Please see model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f1595258-f8b7-48cd-93c3-ff3cbf095b4f/CFS-Framing-1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10