Development and Updates for the Medeek Floor Plugin

Started by Medeek, December 06, 2019, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Here is a first look at what the updated Floor plugin Layer tab in the Global Settings looks like:

I just realized that the Layer Control in the Project plugin does not have a control in place for the new Floor plugin, there is always more to do.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

The edit menu and draw menu are pretty much done now, just a few more tweaks and error checking and we might be able to start creating our first real floors with this thing:

I was going to include the blocking as an advanced option but after some further thought it seemed like it might be more intuitive to have the blocking be similar to beams and openings, where you can really customize the location and size etc... of each row of blocks independently.

I usually have a pretty good idea how I want things to go even before I start coding but sometimes you get halfway into it and you realize that an alternative method or system would be more optimal.

Northriver

How is the floor plug in coming along? I like what I see so far. Are we ready for BETA or are we kicking the can down the road again?

waynehughes2

Nathan, Cant wait to see how the flooring plugin integrates with the other plugins with BIM package.

Hopefully, You'll have all the script finished soon.

Thanks

Wayne

Medeek

Starting to work on it today, its been a while.

Northriver

I see February 1st has come and gone. Are we getting any closer to having a floor plug-in? Can you update us on progress and issues that are holding up the project?
Thanks,
JK

Medeek

The progress has been slowed by some ongoing health issues I've personally encountered however progress is being made and I am carefully coalescing on a new plugin which will replace the existing module in the Truss plugin.  Also as updates have been made with various licensing updates within the other plugins I have been migrating those updates into this new plugin.  I apologize in the significant delay with this new plugin but please remember that I am still a one man show and I am spread very thin across the development of six different plugins now.  Each plugin requires a certain amount of attention as bug fixes, updates and feature requests all consume time and energy.