Is this 'normal / expected' - my registered copy of Medeek BIM (in the Global Settings) with a license status indicated as 'Trial'?
Did you enter in your serial number, see instruction below:
* Note: If you have previously installed the trial version of the extension and are upgrading to the fully licensed version it is not necessary to re-install the extension. To activate the full version of the extension:
- Click on the Global Settings icon (three slider bars). The Global Settings menu is displayed.
- Click on the License Tab within the global settings. The License Tab menu is displayed with an input box for your serial number.
- Enter your serial number (case sensitive) and then click Save Settings button at the bottom of the menu. A popup message will appear confirming your license registration and the Medeek Seal will be displayed.
- Restart SketchUp for the license activation to fully take.
Thank you for your response, Nathaniel.
I now no longer have that problem.
After a few days, the license status changed to: FULL
I have one other question.
I ordered your Medeek BIM software on Thursday October 29, 2020, yet that order is not displayed in my ORDER HISTORY.
Is there a logical explanation for that?
The "Order History" button only pertains to planset orders.
To view your plugin orders click on the specific plugin icon and it will display your order(s) and serial numbers.
Thank you, Nathaniel.
I'm having the same problem, once again.
● My serial number is displayed within "GLOBAL SETTINGS" - "LICENSE",
● I updated to the latest version of MEDEEK BIM PLUGIN SUITE - 1.6.8 (Foundation, Truss & Wall),
● and it is installed within the latest version of SketchUp Pro - Version 21.0.392.
● The license is displayed as "TRIAL".
I selected "SAVE" closed SketchUp Pro and restarted the application.
Enter "GLOBAL SETTINGS" - "LICENSE", the license displays as "TRIAL"
Did you uninstall the plugins before installing the new versions?
You need to enter in your serial numbers:
1. Click on the Global Settings icon (three slider bars). The Global Settings menu is displayed.
2. Click on the License Tab within the global settings. The License Tab menu is displayed with an input box for your serial number.
3. Enter your serial number (case sensitive) and then click Save Settings button at the bottom of the menu. A popup message will appear confirming your license registration and the Medeek Seal will be displayed.
4. Restart SketchUp for the license activation to fully take.
So, even beyond the trial installation, each time an update is introduced, the previous version(s) must be uninstalled and the latest version installed.
I have not had to do that with other extensions.
Yes, I recommend that you uninstall first and then re-install.
Thank you for your prompt response.
It's not very often that I get such timely responses from forum and tech support personnel consistently.
I understand that this particular part of a business can be quite overwhelming or easily overlooked at times due to other pressing matters, but I sincerely appreciate your attention to customer issues.
This behavior certainly influences whether I decide to continue to support software applications that I purchase.
Just to confirm:
I uninstalled each of the three modules - foundation - truss - walls - within the SketchUP extension Manager.
Without restarting SketchUp Pro (Mac), I installed the most recent versions of each module.
Then I closed SketchUp Pro and started it up.
I accessed the Extensions menu - Medeek Foundations and selected Global Settings.
From there I selected Licenses.
I deleted the serial number shown and re-entered it.
I selected Save.
A verification process occurred and the word Trial was once again displayed.
It appears that some parts of the software work while. others do not.
It will either create the structure I set up once I choose OK or result in a "your software trial has expired."
I've not encountered an instance where a purchased commercial version of a software application acts in this manner.
If the serial number is properly registered then all parts of the plugins will work in their FULL mode.
Double check your license tab for each plugin, input your serials if required, remember each plugin has a unique serial number associated with it.
Then restart SketchUp and start with a new session.
If FULL is not displayed in the license tab then the plugin(s) will still be in TRIAL mode. Make sure you are using the correct serial number for each plugin.
I did not make it clear that I purchased Medeek BIM Plugin Suite which is comprised of the three modules that I previously mentioned.
Upon payment in full, I received one serial number for the entire suite.
So each module contains the same serial number.
The Medeek Wall license shows the word FULL
The other two show TRIAL.
The mdkBIM suite is currently composed of three extensions: Wall, Truss and Foundation. (The new Floor plugin is still in development)
Each extension/plugin has it's own unique serial number. When you purchased the suite you received three separate emails from the billing system with a serial number for each plugin.
You can also quickly retrieve your serial numbers at anytime by logging into the Account Manager at this link:
To view your serial numbers click on the appropriate plugin icon and it will display the serial number for that plugin and details on the purchase(s).
I can give you all of your serial numbers but I will need to email those to you and not post them publicly here on the forum.
The serial number for the Wall plugin will not work for either the Truss or Foundation plugins.
Checking the server logs and I just saw your three plugins register.
Yes. that is correct.
I finally assigned the serial numbers with their respective modules.
Once again, you have excelled in providing outstanding software support.
You've now gone way above and beyond most of the tech support I've dealt with in quite some time.
Have a great weekend!
Sounds like we have you up and running now. Excellent.