News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Medeek Wall Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - January 28, 2024, 12:35:13 AM
Version 3.4.5 - 01.28.2024
- Added two additional column types for in-wall columns: Custom, Blank.
- Three additional parameters added for custom in-wall columns.
- Added a custom label option and annotation section for in-wall columns.
- Updated the javascript logic within the License tab of the Global Settings.

Technically this update is a bit redundant because one can already configure custom in-wall columns within the global settings.  However, this new option gives one the ability to insert any sort of column into the wall (non-wood) as well as a blank opening where one could then insert their own manually modeled column or structural support.

The custom label option applies to all column types, so it can override the auto labeling algorithm of the module.

This update per customer request.
Medeek Truss Designer / Truss designer results
Last post by lapsmith - January 25, 2024, 08:17:41 AM
Hi, new user here.  I have a few questions on the results of the truss designer. 

When I use identical loading conditions and identical truss width and spacing, I get different results, depending on the type of truss analyzed (I am referring mostly to the results for the reactions at each end of the truss).

For example, I used a 25 foot span with loading of 10psf live and 5psf dead and 13 foot spacing.  When I run the case with a Howe truss, the results are different than with a Fink truss.  The vertical loads don't match. The heights of the trusses are different by about 3 inches, which is understandable, but the reactions at each end are different.  For the Howe truss, the reactions at each end are 3770 lbs (vertical axis) while for the Fink truss, the reactions are 2643 lbs at each end.  How can there be such a difference?  I can understand a slight difference due to the weight of the truss, but I am obviously doing something wrong. 

Another question is that the sum of the forces in the Y direction don't balance.  If I sum all of the vertical loads shown on the results sheet, they are less than the reactions at the two ends.  Is the difference due to the weight of the truss?

Thanks for any guidance.
Last post by Medeek - January 24, 2024, 10:00:59 PM
Version 3.4.4 - 01.24.2024
- Added a pressure treated option for in-wall columns.
- Created a more realistic material/texture for pressure treated timbers (for in-wall columns and posts).

Medeek Project Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - January 23, 2024, 07:02:57 PM
Version 1.1.5 - 01.23.2024
- Fixed a bug with the Extend Tool for groups (and components) that share the same definition.
General Forum / Re: Medeek Condoc cooperation
Last post by Medeek - January 19, 2024, 12:21:50 PM
I haven't had the time to add any new information yet to the website.  I am also waiting on Michael Brightman to put out more videos showing how the two successfully integrate, I know that he has done some work on his end to make his tag system more compatible with my own.
Last post by Medeek - January 18, 2024, 11:39:23 PM
Version 3.4.3 - 01.18.2024
- Improved the serial number verification logic within the License tab of the Global Settings.
- Added a Door Reset button in the Doors tab of the Global Settings.
- Added a Window Reset button in the Windows tab of the Global Settings.
Medeek Electrical Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - January 12, 2024, 01:57:45 PM
Version 1.4.0 - 01.12.2024
- Added a "PIPE" shape to the wire module for electrical conduit.
- Added an additional parameter for custom wires (conduits/pipes) within the library: Wall Thickness.
- Added standard PVC (Schedule 40) electrical conduit sizes into the custom wire library.

Note, that previous custom wire libraries will not be compatible with this latest update.  If you have an extensive library already established please contact me directly with step-by-step instructions on how to bring an older wire library into this latest version of the plugin.

The dimensions for the OD, wall thickness and bend radius were taken directly from CANTEX and JM Eagle literature, and should match exactly the standard specs for SCH40 PVC in the American and Canadian markets.
Medeek Truss Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - January 11, 2024, 02:11:03 PM
Version 3.4.0 - 01.11.2024
- Added a "Primitive" option to the roof framing parameter within the Draw and Edit menus for the following rafter roofs: Gable, Shed, Shed (with ledger), Hip.
- Added lower pitches to the draw menus for the following rafter roofs: Gable, Shed, Shed (with ledger), Hip.

Last post by Medeek - January 09, 2024, 10:40:07 PM
Version 3.4.2 - 01.09.2024
- Fixed a bug with steel framing and tee intersections.
- Fixed a bug with hip walls and tee intersections (two stud with blocking).
Medeek Electrical Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - January 09, 2024, 12:29:07 AM
Version 1.3.9 - 01.08.2024
- Updated and improved the license verification module.
- Disabled redundant logging to improve plugin performance.