Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Medeek Wall Plugin / Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on July 19, 2021, 05:44:29 am »
Send me an email and I will figure it out for you.

Please use this thread specifically for development and feature requests.
« Last post by bullit on July 19, 2021, 05:34:48 am »
So, pardon my confusion...

I just recently bought a permanent WALL license. If I want to upgrade to the full BIM, what would be the pricing?

Thanks.
Medeek Truss Plugin / Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on July 17, 2021, 06:31:30 pm »
Version 2.9.7 - 07.18.2021
- Improved the organization of the advanced options within the edit menu for valley and hip truss sets.
- Enabled the following 3D roof cladding material for valley and hip truss sets: Metal.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for the 3D metal roof cladding material for valley and hip truss sets.
- Added the option for adjusting the angle or pitch within the edit menu for valley and hip truss sets.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/127abc90-bf91-4c0c-9c3c-302efd16421e/Hip-Set-with-3D-Metal-Roof

The next roof type I would like to add the 3D metal roof cladding option to is the complex roof.  The only problem I see with this is that with a rather large (complex) roof the algorithm that generates the 3D geometry is going to slow things down significantly.  In order to make this more feasible and ultimately more usable I will probably need to move that chunk of code to the SketchUp C API however it does not appear that one can modify an open model with the C API.  Any thoughts in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
« Last post by Medeek on July 16, 2021, 03:33:07 pm »
Version 2.9.6 - 07.17.2021
- Improved the organization of the advanced options within the edit menu for hip rafter roofs.
- Enabled the following 3D roof cladding material for hip rafter roofs: Metal.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for the 3D metal roof cladding material for hip rafter roofs.
- Added the option for adjusting the angle or pitch within the edit menu for hip rafter roofs.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/46eda814-c7dd-48ac-8576-4e06054df14c/Metal-Hip-Rafter-Roof-3D
« Last post by Medeek on July 15, 2021, 09:15:46 pm »
Version 2.9.5 - 07.16.2021
- Improved the organization of the advanced options within the edit menu for gable rafter roofs.
- Enabled the following 3D roof cladding material for gable rafter roofs: Metal.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for the 3D metal roof cladding material for gable rafter roofs.
- Added the option for adjusting the angle or pitch within the edit menu for gable rafter roofs.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/61d4af0c-7144-4f41-abf3-637909c50b2a/Metal-Roof-3D-Asymmetric-Rafter-Roof
« Last post by Medeek on July 15, 2021, 05:28:49 pm »
Version 2.2.5 - 07.16.2021
- Added an additional (advanced framing) layer for window sills into the Layers tab of the Global Settings.

« Last post by Medeek on July 14, 2021, 11:53:37 am »
Version 2.9.4 - 07.14.2021
- Improved the organization of the advanced options within the edit menu for common trusses.
- Enabled the following 3D roof cladding material for common trusses: Metal.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for the 3D metal roof cladding material for common trusses.

Now I just need to enable this feature for all of the various truss sets and rafter roofs.

To create this particular standing seam roof my metal roof name is called out as:

metal_12.0_0.5_1.0_90
« Last post by Medeek on July 13, 2021, 02:04:17 am »
Version 2.9.3 - 07.13.2021
- Added the option for adjusting the angle or pitch within the edit menu for common trusses.
- Added tooltips for advanced options within the edit menu for common trusses.
- Enabled the following 3D wall cladding materials for gable walls of common trusses: Board and Batten, Metal, Lap, Shiplap, and Log.
- Added both horizontal and vertical offset parameters for wall cladding materials for common trusses.

These were much needed additions for gable truss roofs.  I still need to enable these options for the other 25 truss types but progress has been made.
« Last post by Medeek on July 11, 2021, 06:54:34 pm »
Version 2.2.4 - 07.12.2021
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for cladding material for rectangular walls.
- Added a horizontal offset parameter for "Board and Batten" and "Metal" 3D cladding materials for rectangular walls.

This parameter will allow the custom horizontal positioning of the cladding material/texture so that multi-story structures can be properly rendered.

!!! CAUTION  !!!
This update adds one new parameter to the rectangular walls and will require the user to delete and recreate any rectangular wall presets. This upgrade does not affect gable wall or any other presets (ie. windows, door, garage, gable wall, shed wall, hip wall).

Note that you can use both vertical and horizontal offsets at the same time or separately, giving you full control over the cladding placement/alignment.
« Last post by Medeek on July 11, 2021, 08:21:19 am »
The tutorial video for 3D claddings does not include this latest cladding type but the principles are the same.  The "metal" cladding type is very similar to the board and batten with one extra parameter (rib angle).

Just a reminder that these claddings are described in more detail here:

The only feature that is missing is the ability to offset the vertical cladding types in the lateral (horizontal) direction.  For people that are trying to align their board or rib placement to specific dimensions within a wall panel, this could be an important feature.  Specifically if you have stacked walls and you want the cladding to align and the wall start positions don't align due to the layout of the design.  I will give it some further thought.

I've been also considering how to apply this same technique to roof claddings, in particular the commonly used metal roofs with seams.  At first glance it would see to be more complicated since the roof planes are at various angles from the horizontal but in principle is a very similar problem and the code is already 90% there, it just needs some minor tweaks.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10