Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin  (Read 106754 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin
« Reply #645 on: June 20, 2020, 04:19:56 pm »
Version 1.5.2 - 06.21.2020
- Added the ability to create, load and delete window presets within the Edit and Draw (HTML) Menus.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #646 on: June 21, 2020, 04:25:49 pm »
Version 1.5.3 - 06.22.2020
- Added the ability to create, load and delete door presets within the Edit and Draw (HTML) Menus.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #647 on: June 23, 2020, 05:12:39 pm »
When you first click the gable wall tool you will be presented with the following gable wall matrix:

As you can see from the shading all wall types except for the "Gable" type have been grayed out.  Initially I will make only this wall type available, then the "Shed" will be the next type I proceed to develop.  The rectangular, gable and shed walls constitute the vast majority of wall geometries used in most construction however you can see there are quite a few other possibilities, so many in fact, that I quickly ran out of descriptive names to assign them.

Compared with a standard rectangular wall a gable wall with have the following additional parameters:

- Wall Height Left
- Wall Height Right
- Wall Pitch Left
- Wall Pitch Right

These four parameters will drive the location of the wall peak.  In most situations the left and right values will be the same resulting in a symmetric gable wall however any combination of dissimilar pitches and wall heights will be possible which will then yield an asymmetric gable wall.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2020, 04:55:56 pm »
The wireframe preview will look like this:

In this case we have a symmetric gable wall.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #649 on: June 26, 2020, 11:14:39 am »
An asymmetric gable wall:

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #650 on: June 29, 2020, 05:33:14 pm »
I'm going to have to dumb down some of the more general features/parameters found with rectangular walls as they apply to gable walls.  For example with rectangular walls you can have walls connected at non-orthogonal corners.  For gable walls this becomes very complicated and eventually I will probably allow it however for now I think it would be best to limit gable walls to ONLY orthogonal connections at the corners.  If I don't do this it will be another 6 months of programming before I ever complete the gable wall module.

As I was testing asymmetric gable walls earlier today it became apparent that the intersection at the peak is a little more interesting with the asymmetric case.  Also I will probably make the double studs positioned at the peak an optional setting in the global settings.