Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Electrical Plugin  (Read 20908 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Electrical Plugin
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2020, 07:35:37 am »
Version 1.1.5 - 04.28.2020
- Added a Global Reset button in the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Plugin files switched from .rbs to .rbe encryption.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2020, 06:24:09 pm »
My youngest son is looking for a job this summer and with the situation being mostly under lockdown I would rather him work from home, with me.

As such I'm proposing that he help me by creating a number of models for the Electrical plugin so that I can extend it to include the British Standards (BS 1363).  I have had a number of requests for other electrical standards and by far the most highly requested has been the British equivalents of our NEMA sockets and switches.

The  BS 1363 (Type G) seems to be quite widespread throughout the world.

I have a few models already from a few months prior but any additional information on receptacles and switches as well as standard boxes used in the trade would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2020, 03:18:10 pm »
First look at a low poly UK outlet:

The model is based off of the .SAT models provided on the website of MK Electric.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0dbd4a80-7af6-4064-9150-3cf73324d93c/K2647WHI

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2020, 09:24:42 pm »
Unlike the typical US outlet and/or switch the British variety come with the faceplate and the electrical component integrated into a single unit.  Due to this fact and other considerations the draw and edit menus for the UK version of the plugin will be different than the North American version (NEMA).

Here are some typical outlets:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/61db2faa-8a8a-4f22-9d94-3e06fc9d3517/MK-Logic-Plus-Low-Poly

For those of you concerned that I am taking my attention off of the wall and truss plugins, don't be overly concerned.  I am only setting up the templates so that my youngest son Edmond can be set loose to do most of the heavy lifting.  I will provide oversight, as necessary, to make sure that every outlet and switch model meets my exacting standards but the bulk of my time will be spent working on the gable wall module for the next few days.