Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin  (Read 148904 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2018, 10:00:07 am »
With dual pitch hip roofs technically one could have a different pitch for all four sides (the most general case).  I should probably try to code this most general case then all the rest simply fall out of it.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/6acf80ad-85ed-4096-b51e-4f55646aabac/General-Hip-Roof

I'm not sure why one would want to construct a roof in this manner but I guess I should probably allow for the possibility.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2018, 01:07:46 pm »
Version 2.1.9 - 05.27.2018
- Replaced the 64 bit SketchUp check in the installation module to fix an incompatibility issue with SketchUp 2014.
- Added additional wall cladding materials in the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Fixed a bug in the top level assembly method of the roof truss module.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2018, 10:24:28 am »
Version 2.2.0 - 06.19.2018
- Sub-groups within roof and floor truss assemblies can be made persistent by naming these groups or component instances to (custom1, custom2, custom3, etc...), also all other user defined geometry (ie. faces, text, lines and dimensions) are also retained when the assemblies are regenerated by the plugin.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2018, 01:53:42 pm »
I don't have a half hip (rafter roof) setup yet however there is probably a workaround by combining a gable with a hip and then using the trim tool to manually trim some of the rafters, however I haven't really tried this at least not for a real design.

I took about 10-15 minutes and tried creating a half hip with a gable and hip roof as primitives.  Using the trim tool made it fairly easy to clean up the rafters, see results here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/53ecdc04-98bc-4d73-a9b2-e27e3a24d409/Half-Hip-Test-Roof

Since the end result is not parametric you will want to be sure that you have all of your rafter depths, overhangs etc... set before you dive into the manual editing of such a roof.

This is obviously a painful and slow process.  Conclusion, I need to add in a half hip rafter roof.