Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin  (Read 213757 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Reply #630 on: June 14, 2019, 04:05:46 am »
Version 2.4.7b - 06.14.2019
- Addressed a number of critical bug fixes for metric templates.

If you are working with metric units this update will address a number of issues that were not resolved when the edit function was added to various trusses and rafter roofs.  This is an essential upgrade.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2019, 03:26:10 am »
Still trying to get the complex roof module up and running but every time I try and refocus some other fire comes along and pulls me sideways.  The soffit and fascia module introduced another block of parameters which need to be exposed in the global settings so users can set their default behavior, this is a relatively easy addition.  I will knock this one out sometime later this evening.

With the Wall plugin I also have a huge list of items but a couple which are actively being requested are stacked windows and a custom offset parameter for the stud spacing.  I really should hop back into the Wall plugin and try to address these before I get re-focused on the complex roof module.

The recent metric fix will be a welcome upgrade/resolution for many of you using metric templates.  Again, I apologize for not spending as much time as I would like on debugging the metric side of the house.  I will try to make a more concerted effort to check the metric side moving forward.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #632 on: June 16, 2019, 07:48:35 am »
Version 2.4.8 - 06.16.2019
- Added a Soffit/Fascia tab to the Global Settings.

I've been developing this plugin now for almost 4 years.  Progress is steady but much yet remains to be done.  Once the complex and secondary roof modules are operational this plugin will begin to compete with the big dogs of architectural software (eg. Revit, Chief Architect etc...)  Its taken a while to get to this point with a few detours along the way but I'm getting very close to accomplishing the holy grail of the plugin which has always been the ability to handle complex roofs automatically.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:12:10 am by Medeek »

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #633 on: June 25, 2019, 12:57:01 am »
With the recent post about the foundation plugin (adding in parametrics for slab on grade foundations) some people are asking "Why did you stop working on complex roofs and move back to the foundation plugin?".  As it turns out the algorithm or logic for editing the "polygon" outline of a complex roof or foundation is pretty much the same.  Since I have the overall code in place for a slab on grade foundation I am first implementing the polygon face edit tool with the foundation plugin then I will bring this code over to the Truss plugin and complex roofs.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #634 on: July 24, 2019, 09:32:22 am »
The "FRONT" option for Gable Truss parameter allows one to terminate a truss assembly where it meets another roof or wall but currently it does not provide for a GIRDER truss as shown:

I need to provide an additional option here called "GIRDER" which allows the user to terminate the truss assembly and also configure a girder truss (ie. Howe truss with heavy bottom chord and stubbed off tails).