Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin  (Read 164297 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Reply #525 on: November 02, 2018, 11:37:07 am »
These errors are caused by the context menu and actually do not affect the plugin functionality.  I will put out a fix for these pesky little notices coming from the load files.

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #526 on: November 02, 2018, 12:31:27 pm »
Version 2.2.4 - 11.02.2018
- Enabled wall sheathing, wall cladding, ceiling gypsum and roof cladding for monopitch trusses.
- Enabled gutters and downspouts for monopitch trusses.
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for all monopitch trusses (imperial and metric units).

I still need to add a few more advanced options to the monopitch truss type:

- Roof Returns
- Battens
- Soffit Cut
- Heel Blocking

I'm also thinking about adding an insulation option for the ceiling for trusses and rafter roofs so that the truss plugin is up to speed with the wall plugin.  Some additional feedback in this regard would be helpful.

With monopitch trusses there is also the issue where the exterior wall corner is created by the truss and hence I need to apply some corner trim on these corners.  I will give this some more thought.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #527 on: November 08, 2018, 01:03:28 am »
Version 2.2.4b - 11.08.2018
- Licensee name now appears in the License tab of the Global Settings when plugin is registered.
- Removed all advertising banners from the global settings.

Even though this may appear to be a minor revision it is actually a critical fix/upgrade for users running on Mac and Windows 10.

The advertising banners would only load intermittently and hence would cause the HTML menus to not render (blank white browser window).  After giving this some more thought and deciding that the advertising revenue generated by the plugin was not a significant amount, and a less cluttered look is always more appealing, it just made more sense to remove all of it completely.

I've also updated the license tab to be up to date with the Wall plugin's license tab.

This same issue with the advertising banners in the global settings also plagues the Wall plugin.  I will be issuing a new revision for it in short order, that strips the advertising from the plugin.  I appreciate everyone's patience in this regard.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2018, 12:09:16 am »
I've recently been thinking about the multi-pitch hip roof again.  Eventually I needed to return to this topic since the designer needs the flexibility of assigning different pitches to the various roof planes.

The same issues with multi-pitch hip truss sets applies to rafter roofs as well.

When you have a hip roof situation and the pitches are different on adjacent roof planes yet you want to maintain the same overhang and line up the fascia then the wall top plate must change.  However with trusses rather than change the top plate you simply have to raise the heel of the truss on the low side until it equals the height of the adjacent side.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #529 on: November 16, 2018, 12:54:59 am »
Does anyone have any shop drawings of an asymmetric hip truss set they can send me.  Specifically I am looking for a hip truss set that has different pitches for front and back and then possibly a different pitch on the ends.  I have my theories on how such a truss set should be put together but it is worth the effort to study this a bit further and verify.

Offline saakejam

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 17, 2018, 09:47:59 pm »
I used heel heights to fit facia lines and this was easy...  Just keep adjusting.  Hitting Update instantly moves geometry.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #531 on: November 19, 2018, 06:03:40 am »
I think I have the asymmetric truss roof figured out but shop drawings from a manufacturer would be helpful in confirming my own conclusions.