creating door profiles/ drywall openings/ join tool

Started by virtueww, May 17, 2020, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtueww

Hi there, I bought your suite because I think it has a lot of great potential!

Few questions:

1)Is there a way to tap into some sort of component edit and create a different door design that lets say a mission style? and use that creation in the integrated system? it seems like you should be able to insert something you can model yourself and the system uses its parameters as a savable option?

2) can I just create a drywall passthrough opening instead of a door?

3) Bifolds?

4)Is the join tool not working? I created two walls so i could make a drywall opening where an adjacent wall is part of the jamb and join the two walls together to remove the big drywall seam, but the join did not work.

virtueww

to add an addendum to creating door profiles, creating door trim would also be valuable. I have to leave off the trim in the doors im inserting into my model so i can add my own profile. Is there a way to integrate my own into the system?

Medeek

I'll do my best to answer your questions in your initial post here:

1.)  There is a way to insert your own door and window components.   Within the plugin folder there is a sub-folder called "library" where you can place your custom doors and windows into their respective sub-folders. 

2.)  Yes, when you create a door opening on an interior wall (int-int) if you disable the advanced options the plugin will automatically wrap the opening in drywall.

3.)  Bifold and pocket doors are both on the todo list.  Bifold doors are more often requested so I will probably attack those first.

4.) The split wall tool was completed at the beginning of the year, the join tool and the stretch tool are both under construction.  The join tool is almost complete, maybe I can get that one rolled out in a day or two.  Be sure to check the changelog for development details:
http://design.medeek.com/resources/medeekwallplugin.pl

5.)  I'll have to think about the door trim question some more.  I you more looking for custom trim profiles or something even more elaborate?  Can you post a few examples of  some door and trim configurations that you are interested in.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

virtueww

Wow very appreciated! So I just draw a door model in sketch, save it, and drop it into the library? and it will allow me to plug it  in?

however when i created a door, and dropped it into the library/ door folder, it did not show up in the global setting options?

virtueww