Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

To better reflect the distinction between a plugin and extension I will be re-branding the plugin and renaming it to just "Medeek Wall".

From here on out I will also be referring to it as an extension.

The entire collection of plugins will be re-branded as:

Medeek Architect - A SketchUp Extension Library
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Added the APL4 Beam-to-Column Tie per designer request:

Installed in pairs with total of six STN22 decorative washers.

mqbeers

Good morning.
Using Wall this morning everything went fine until I tried in insert window. Code from the console below. I did notice that when accessing the Advanced Options for the windows, that there are a lot of zeros in the fields, so, no defaults from the Global Settings.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Error: #<ArgumentError: Duplicate points in array>
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:1229:in `add_face'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:1229:in `four_point_polygon_trim'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:1084:in `draw_window_trim_geometry'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:1678:in `draw_window'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2686:in `block in draw_rect_wall'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2679:in `each'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2679:in `draw_rect_wall'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2111:in `draw_selector'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:1921:in `main_menu'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:196:in `rect_wall_newopening_menu'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:827:in `main_menu_window'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:2498:in `calculate_obj'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:2292:in `onLButtonDown'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:1229:in `add_face'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:1229:in `four_point_polygon_trim'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:1084:in `draw_window_trim_geometry'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:1678:in `draw_window'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2686:in `block in draw_rect_wall'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2679:in `each'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2679:in `draw_rect_wall'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:2111:in `draw_selector'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:1921:in `main_menu'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbs:196:in `rect_wall_newopening_menu'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:827:in `main_menu_window'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:2498:in `calculate_obj'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:2292:in `onLButtonDown'
Error: #<SystemExit: exit>
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:740:in `exit'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_advoptions_wall.rbs:740:in `get_window_trim_options'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_window_wall.rbs:391:in `window_family_menu'
c:/users/mqbee/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_wall_load.rbs:196:in `block in <module:MedeekWallPluginModuleLoader>'
SketchUp:1:in `call'

Medeek

I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the latest version and then try to duplicate the error.  Strange that the global settings is not pulling the defaults.

Medeek

Version 0.8.5 - 07.11.2018
- Added the Prairie Grille for picture windows.
- Added "Casement" and "Fixed" to the window installation types, these currently are modeled identical to the picture window type.
- Added a "No Header" option for windows.
- Updated the licensing system to include a 30 day limit of the trial version.
- Added Simpson Strong-Tie APL4 Beam-to-Column Tie to the beam hanger library.
- Name of plugin changed to "Medeek Wall".

Medeek

Trying to get to the big stuff but ended up working on some fires and adding some window grilles per customer requests.

The following grille options now available will be:

- None
- Standard
- Prairie
- Perimeter
- Short Fractional
- Farmhouse

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/45065390-c77d-4d8d-a3aa-95f59ca5d578/Window-Test-Grilles

Medeek

Version 0.8.5b - 07.12.2018
- Added the following Grille Types for all windows: Prairie, Perimeter, Short Fractional, Farmhouse, Grid2x2, Grid2x3, Grid3x2, Grid3x3.

A Grid3x2 would be three columns and two rows (6 lite).

There are now 10 variants available for window grilles.  One of these days I might consider adding in the Diamond and Queen Anne patterns but right now I'm "grille fatigued".  On to bigger and better things.

Medeek

Beyond the trim and grilles the only exterior window treatment I am missing is shutters:

I will need to add in another set of parameters for shutters and associated menus. 

The parameters will be:

Shutter Geometry:  Single or Double
Shutter Style:  Louver, Raised Panel, Flat Panel, Board & Batten
Shutter Material
Shutter Thickness

By default they will be half the width of the window opening and their height will be the same as the window opening.  The shutter(s) will be offset 2" from the edge of the window to simulate the space taken up by hinges.  I will not be showing hinges or any other hardware so as to keep the poly count reasonable.

Medeek

Version 0.8.6 - 07.14.2018
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver to rectangular windows.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/65abb50e-d8ab-4312-8d09-ed89afbccef0/Window-Test-3

Available shutter styles are:

- Solid
- Raised Panel
- Flat Panel
- Louver

I have not yet enabled shutters for arched windows, that will be next.

I also need to add in a board & batten shutter which is also quite popular.

Also note that you can position the shutters on either side of the window (left or right, single shutter) or the more common double shutter configuration as shown.

Medeek

Medeek

Arched window with flat panel shutters:

These arched shutters are proving to be a bit more challenging.  I will need to figure out a new algorithm for board and batten shutters and louver shutters. 

Medeek

I guess I haven't been defeated after all.  Using the follow-me method I was able to get it to work:

I now have all the shutter types working for arched windows:

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/325dad97-0a74-48b7-b1c6-d335be371261/Window-Test-4

Medeek

I"m not sure why you would want to put a single shutter to one side of a window but here it is just in case you need it:

I will have to wait until tomorrow to roll out all of the shutter updates its now 4:00AM and I'm done for now.

I think I've now beat this horse to death, shutters are available for rectangle and arched windows in all styles and geometry (Left, Right, Double).

After I add more window types I will probably need to revisit the shutter module but I don't think shutters are very common for more exotic window shapes (ie. ovals, triangles, trapezoids etc...)

Medeek

Left, Right and Double:

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f3001ec7-84ca-46da-b879-7ac7c3d80cd2/Window-Test-5

I've also addressed a bug with arched geometry where the push-pull direction was giving unpredictable results (flipping flopping between in and out).  Turns out that you need to clock your segments all in the same direction to get predictable results, which makes sense.  For some reason this did not occur to me as I was coding some of these sections of the main window module.

Medeek

Version 0.8.6b - 07.16.2018
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to arched windows.
- Shutter geometry parameter allows for: Left, Right or Double.
- Fixed bug in arched window module that was causing unpredictable push-pull behavior.