Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin  (Read 6797 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2018, 02:21:53 am »
Does anyone have a preference on what 2D symbol you would like to use to represent Simpson Strong-Walls.

There are two types:  Wood and Steel

I can represent each type with a different symbol or use the same symbol for both.

Catalog for both types is here for those interested:

https://www.strongtie.com/resources/literature/strong-wall-shearwalls-catalog

I can also include other pre-fab shearwall panels from other manufacturers if requested, I'm only familiar with Simpson's products.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2018, 09:07:43 pm »
Version 0.8.0 - 06.21.2018
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete pre-fab shear wall panels with the SSW Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle SSW annotations independent of window, door and column annotations.
- SSW annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/3f025bce-cf39-40f5-b5af-73921cc0d3a1/Framing-Test-26

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #137 on: Today at 02:22:08 am »
The first thing you may notice with the SSW tool is that the current selection of sizes (widths and heights) of the pre-fab shearwalls is limited to 24" wide and between 8' and 12' in height.  I also do not have any metric sizes or manufacturers other than these two (Hardy Frame HFX (Mitek) and Simpson Strong-Tie).

I will roll out the full line of both manufacturers lines in the next few days however I have a few more smaller but hotter items that I would like to address first.

The first item is to allow the user the ability to toggle the placement of windows/doors/columns/SSWs from their center to left or right.  I'm considering using the SHIFT key to make this toggle unless there are any specific objections. 

Once I have this feature up and running I would like to make a tutorial video for both columns and SSW's since both of these items are fairly mature as they currently stand and a video would go along way in explaining some of the the parameters for each of these items.

For the WSW (wood) series of Simpson Strong-Walls I have the trim feature now enabled and it seems fairly robust.  This particular trim module is now primed for shed and gable wall situations where a WSW panel might be trimmed at some arbitrary incline rather than 90 degrees.

The next major item is the external wainscoting or dual cladding configuration for exterior walls.  Now that I have a firm handle on a decent trim method I will employ this same technique in dealing with ext. wainscoting which will alleviate the need for a complex algorithm in dealing with openings bisected by a change in cladding or sheathing.  I should be able to wrap this one up in the next 24 hours.