Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 1.7.1 - 11.15.2020
- Added additional HSS and Wide Flange Beam options to the free standing column (post) tool.

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 1.7.2 - 11.16.2020
- Added the ability to create custom "Shiplap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Shiplap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.

The shiplap siding only includes two numbers, not three.

(ie. shiplap_6.0_0.5)

The depth of the cut is 1/2 the wall cladding thickness.

Medeek

Medeek

Medeek

Version 1.7.3 - 11.20.2020
- Fixed a bug with zero height gable, shed and hip walls when using the "No Framing" or "CMU" mode.
- Fixed a minor bug with man door and garage door jambs with walls panels that are isolated in groups.

Medeek

Version 1.7.4 - 11.21.2020
- Completed the "Garage Doors" tab within the Global Settings.

Some more slightly tedious code, but necessary.

Medeek

Version 1.7.4b - 11.22.2020
- Completed the "SSW" tab within the Global Settings.

Medeek

Version 1.7.4c - 11.22.2020
- Completed the "Beams" tab within the Global Settings.
- Fixed a critical bug with the default settings for the following two window parameters: Jamb Ext. Reveal, Shim Gap.

*** CRITICAL BUG FIX ***

When you first load the plugin it sets default parameters for walls, door, windows etc...
A previous update introduced a typo into the code which incorrectly set the two window parameters listed above.  This update corrects those two typos.  It is highly recommended to update to the latest version of the plugin.

Medeek

Version 1.7.4d - 11.23.2020
- Completed the "Columns" tab within the Global Settings.

Medeek

We've all had a trying year these last few months but somehow, thanks to our customers, we've managed to keep up the good fight and are still actively developing our extensions here at Medeek Design.

In recognition of the overwhelming support I have received from the SketchUp community these last few months I will be immediately offering 40% off of the mdkBIM bundle price using the coupon code GIVETHANKS20. (ends Dec. 1, 2020).

This will reduce the bundle price from $170.00 USD to $102.00 USD. This promo code does not apply to any of the extensions purchased separately or to the electrical plugin. The offer also ends on Dec. 1 and no rain checks will issued thereafter.

Medeek

Version 1.7.5 - 11.25.2020
- Updated the Global Settings Reset button with additional parameters.
- Fixed multiple minor bugs with the default settings (storage) for Doors, Windows and Garage Doors.

Medeek

I have some questions about double wall construction lately.

I don't have a specific double wall algorithm however it is possible to create double wall structures with openings using the Wall plugin in its current state, see model below for an example:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/9341721c-a5e1-4bea-a3d8-acd10fa0ea0e/Double-Wall-Framing

P.S. Note how the window ext. trim and installation is enabled on the exterior wall and then the interior casing is enabled on the interior wall. I then adjusted the casing extension depth in the edit menu of the interior wall so that it extends to meet the window in the exterior wall. No manual editing and everything is still parametric.

Medeek

Version 1.7.6 - 12.04.2020
- Added a wall justification hotkey/option (Tab key) to the rectangular draw wall tool: Front, Center, Back.

Note, that when the wall justification is set to "Center" or "Back" the draw tool switches from polyline mode to simple line mode, this is by design.

Medeek

Version 1.7.6b - 12.05.2020
- Added a wall justification hotkey/option (Tab key) to the gable, shed and hip draw wall tools: Front, Center, Back.
- Enabled the left and right arrow keys for each of the draw wall tools in order to constrain the tool to the X or Y axis.

The behavior of the draw wall tool is now similar to the native SketchUp line/edge tool.

The right and left arrow keys will constrain the wall to the X and/or Y axis.  Additionally the Ctrl key will toggle the wall to the 45 deg. and 135 deg. directions.  You will notice that when the constraint is active the primary line will indicate either Red, Green, Blue (45 deg) or Purple (135 deg) and the line thickness will increase from two to three.

Medeek

Lately I've had quite a few people asking me where they can find the video tutorials for the plugin.  They are listed on the plugin web page but I guess they tend to get lost in all the content.  Here is the direct link to that section:

http://design.medeek.com/resources/medeekwallplugin.pl#Videos

Here is also the listing for each video:

The following video tutorials are currently available on YouTube:

1. [Introduction - The Vision]
() (20:58 min.)
2. [Tutorial 1 - Extension Overview]
() (21:58 min.)
3. [Tutorial 2 - Drawing Walls]
() (19:37 min.)
4. [Tutorial 3 - Beams and Columns]
() (15:31 min.)
5. [Tutorial 4 - Wall Presets]
() (8:04 min.)
6. [Tutorial 5 - Multi-Story Construction]
() (19:58 min.)
7. [Tutorial 6 - Custom Material Library]
() (16:11 min.)
8. [Tutorial 7 - Stairs]
() (23:19 min.)
9. [Tutorial 8 - Gable Wall Workaround]
() (17:25 min.)
10. [Tutorial 9 - Split Wall Tool]
() (6:36 min.)
11. [Tutorial 10 - Posts]
() (14:24 min.)
12. [Tutorial 11 - Split Wall Cladding]
() (6:49 min.)
13. [Tutorial 12 - Blocking]
() (12:42 min.)
14. [Tutorial 13 - Stretch Wall Tool]
() (7:41 min.)
15. [Tutorial 14 - Join Wall Tool]
() (5:54 min.)
16. [Tutorial 15 - Quoins]
() (8:34 min.)
17. [Tutorial 16 - Garage Doors]
() (19:17 min.)
18. [Tutorial 17 - Tag/Layer Groups]
() (13:41 min.)

Note, that the Gable Wall Workaround (Tutorial Eight) is now obsolete, and gable walls can now be created automatically with the plugin.  At some point I should probably indicate this tutorial is deprecated.