Development and Updates for the Medeek Foundation Plugin

Started by Medeek, July 04, 2016, 12:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 1.6.9 - 03.25.2021
- Fixed a bug with footing offsets when a (polyline) stemwall terminates non-orthogonally.

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 1.6.9b - 03.26.2021
- Fixed a bug with footing extensions (polyline stemwalls) for SketchUp Pro 2021.
- Enabled hidden edges for polyline stemwalls that terminate non-orthogonally.

Medeek

First look at a hole cut using the new SUBTRACT keyword system:

Now I just need to set this up for the other various foundation types (ie. stemwall, stemwall steps, strip footings etc...)

Medeek

Version 1.7.0 - 05.09.2021
- Added an option for subtractive geometry into the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Sub-groups within foundations and footings can be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

Interestingly the code to make this happen was staring me in the face for months.  I essentially took the "roof connections" complex roof module, changed up the logic slightly, simplified it, and arrived at this new feature/ability. 

Notice that the subtractive groups cut through the rebar as well as the concrete.  Certain other elements such as anchor bolts (groups within groups) are not removed.  I may need to give this some additional consideration.

I guess we need to make this new feature available with the Truss plugin as well now.

Medeek

Version 1.7.0b - 05.09.2021
- Components within foundations can also be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

Medeek

Version 1.7.1 - 05.20.2021
- Fixed a bug with subbase and slab insulation options for slab-on-grade foundations.

Medeek

Version 1.7.2 - 06.03.2021
- Added four additional parameters to the "User Interface" section of the General tab of the global settings. This allows the customization (colors) of the HTML menus and buttons.

Medeek

Version 1.7.3 - 06.12.2021
- Added a "Regen" context menu item for the following foundation assemblies: Polyline Stemwall, Strip Footing, Interior Bearing.

Medeek

Version 1.7.4 - 07.10.2021
- Enabled subscription and permanent licensing.
- The License tab of the Global Settings now displays the license type.

Medeek

Version 1.7.5 - 08.04.2021
- Fixed a bug with the stemwall blockout tool.

Medeek

Medeek

Version 1.7.6 - 09.14.2021
- Added an ICF option for polyline stemwalls.
- Added an ICF layer in the Global Settings under the "Layers" tab.
- Fixed a critical bug with custom materials that was caused by the change in the location of the plugin's data sub-folder.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0a683d20-7115-491b-afc6-3578f584c5ae/ICF-Stemwall-Foundation

Medeek

Version 1.7.7 - 09.18.2021
- Added an ICF option for stemwall steps.

Medeek

I've been thinking about adding in a Door and Window module to the polyline stemwalls.  However, I'm not very familiar with what is common practice as far window and door bucks go.

Any feedback or drawings/details would be greatly appreciated.

Medeek

Now that I'm on the subject of windows it may also be useful to add in some sort of window well feature:

Window Well Options:

Type: Steel
Shape: Rectangle, Arc, Trapezoid
Width:
Projection:
Depth:
Radius:
Vertical Offset: