Author Topic: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin  (Read 86159 times)

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
Re: Development and Updates for the Medeek Truss Plugin
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »
As the number of advanced options have increased (common trusses) the user input menu has slowly grown in size until it is so large that it often does not fit the screen of many laptops and smaller screens.

This problem has been well documented by a number of users for quite some time.

This weekend I spent some time putting together a new HTML menu for advanced options for roof trusses:

I still need to work out the metric version and also all of the language translations but otherwise I think it is almost ready to roll out.

As you mouse over each of the options a 320x240 image will display as shown, hopefully clarifying the meaning or usage of each parameter/option.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2017, 01:40:55 am »
I am working on adding the heel blocking since it is an option listed in the advanced options.

So far there has not been much call for this feature but a few people have inquired so I figured we might as well add it in for completeness.  The red coloration is for clarity in the image above.

I will probably add the option to allow for venting holes since this is fairly typical in my neck of the woods.

Offline Medeek

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • Medeek Design Inc.
« Reply #467 on: December 11, 2017, 05:48:31 am »
Featured on the SketchUp Extension Inspection: