Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 1.4.5 - 05.29.2020
- Fixed a number of minor issues with the ladder blocking option for tee intersections.
- Tee intersection blocking is now assigned to the blocking layer if the advanced layer option is turned on.

If you are using ladder blocking for your tee intersections then I consider this to be a critical update.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 1.4.6 - 05.30.2020
- Enabled the "Wall Stretch" tool within the Medeek Wall Tools toolbar.

Note that this tool can be used to either shrink or stretch a wall panel.  Instructions for use below:

1.)  Select tool (click stretch wall icon)
2.)  Select the wall panel you want to modify.
3.)  Select either the start or end of the wall panel (red or green circle).
4.)  Position cursor to either shrink or stretch wall panel.

Also note that this tool will not adjust adjacent wall panels even if they are connected at the corners to the wall panel being modified.  This is by design.  I will release a tutorial shortly explaining the reasoning behind this behavior.

Medeek

Shrinking a wall:

(Note, that I had the 3D callouts turned off in the global settings that is why the callouts disappeared after modifying the wall.)

Medeek

Medeek

Tutorial 13 - Stretch Wall Tool (7:41 min.)

The audio is a little strange in this video, not sure why, I will check the audio out in more detail for future videos.

Medeek

Version 1.4.7 - 06.02.2020
- Enabled the "Wall Join" tool within the Medeek Wall Tools toolbar.

Note, that to join two walls they must be colinear and their START and END points must be coincidental. 

Medeek

Medeek

Updated todo list (as of June 3, 2020):

1.) Gable and Shed Walls
2.) Move the Estimating module to the new Medeek Project extension, and further develop this module as it relates to the wall plugin.
3.) Complete the Wall Join tool.
4.) Convert the Window, Door and Garage Door Draw menus to HTML.
5.) Move the Fixtures module to a the new Medeek Interior extension.
6.) Compete the standalone columns/post tool.
6b) Classical columns for the post tool.

7.) Start work on the integrated Medeek Engineering extension, start with window and door headers for vertical loads.
8.) A generic Blocking module.
9.) Transom windows above doors with and without sidelites.
10.) Shear Wall module which will ultimately integrate with the engineering plugin.
11.) Complete the Wall Stretch tool.
12.) Additional door and window types as requested (eg. bi-fold, sliding glass, double and triple single hung windows).
13.) Spend some time on the new tabs in the global settings, currently showing an Under Construction sign.
14.) Presets for Windows, Door and Garage Doors
15.) Making the Window and Door modules work with generic walls, not just Medeek walls.
16.) Multi-layer gypsum
17.) Stair module permutations: U, L, T etc...
18.) Further "idiot" proofing of the plugins: (zero value, nil values, checking for impossible geometry, etc...)
19.) Wall Justification
20.) Interior trim added to Medeek Interior extension.

Highlighted items have been recently completed.

This list does not include many other minor feature additions and bugs fixes, more details can be found here:

http://design.medeek.com/resources/wallpluginchangelog.html

So far this year (2020) I've made 30 major revision upgrades to the plugin. Last year was only about half this amount as most of my attention was focused on upgrades to the Foundation plugin, the release of the new Electrical plugin and a concentrated effort on the complex roof module towards the end of 2019.

Always onward and upward.

Medeek

Version 1.4.8 - 06.05.2020
- Added Quoins as an option for exterior walls.

*** Warning ***
This update is backward compatible with walls drawn in previous versions of the plugin however if you download this version you will be required to recreate any wall presets that you have previously defined.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/9e6cdd22-ef17-48f5-a349-8d7e5d25b864/QUOINS-Medeek-Wall

Medeek

Medeek

Tutorial 15 - Quoins (8:34 min.)

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/1243b906-bfb3-4db1-8df4-7f636475a702/Brick-with-Quoins

The feature is probably not as commonly used in most residential construction however it was an easy add and it has been requested enough times to warrant its inclusion.

Medeek

Version 1.4.9 - 06.11.2020
- Converted the "Draw Garage Door" menu to HTML.

At first glance this may seem like a minor update, but in fact it is was quite a major undertaking.  I rewrote a good portion of the Garage module so that both the Draw and Edit menus are fully HTML.  I also tracked down some long standing bugs with regards to the jamb depth calculation (garage door installation). 

This is part of the larger project to migrate all of the draw menus to HTML.  I figured I would start with the garage door module since it is used less than the window and door modules and somewhat less critical.  I've tested the update extensively (both metric and imperial) and it all appears to shake out.  If things look good after a few more days I will proceed to update the other two modules.

The HTML draw menu is a significant improvement over the previous legacy menu system.

Medeek

*** Father's Day Sale***

In appreciation for all of the hard working fathers (and mothers) out there, and especially during these unprecedented times, I will be offering a renewal promotion on all of the plugins for the next three days (June 12, 13 and 14).

The regular license renewal prices are given below:

License Renewals:
Medeek Truss - $60.00 USD
Medeek Wall - $60.00 USD
Medeek Foundation - $40.00 USD
Medeek Electrical - $25.00 USD

The promotional renewal prices are given below:

Medeek Truss - $15.00 USD
Medeek Wall - $15.00 USD
Medeek Foundation - $10.00 USD
Medeek Electrical - $5.00 USD

This is a very steep discount in hopes of getting as many users to upgrade to the latest versions of the plugins as possible. In the last year, the updates to the plugins have been quite significant. I would very much like to see everyone taking advantage of these updates and feature additions that I have worked very hard to create.

These promotional prices will take affect June. 12, 2020 and end June. 14, 2020. All renewals, prior and after this time frame, will be at the regular prices.

Please note that if you have recently purchased a plugin(s), you can still take advantage of this renewal offer. Renewing your license while it is still active adds an additional year to the license expiration date.

Thank-you for your continued support.

Medeek

Version 1.5.0 - 06.15.2020
- Converted the "Draw Window" menu to HTML.

I think everyone will find that the HTML menu is a much needed improvement over the previous system.

Medeek

Version 1.5.1 - 06.18.2020
- Converted the "Draw Door" menu to HTML.
- Fixed a bug with arched door sidelites.

Not a glamorous update, but certainly a critical one.  The three most important draw menus are now switched to full HTML.