News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Overlapping Drywall Handling

Started by Stephan B, February 04, 2024, 12:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephan B

How do you recommend handling overlapping drywall in situations as shown in the included image?

Obviously I could edit the geometry to remove the overlapping part but is there a more efficient way to handle this where a Regen of the wall would not undo this.

Medeek

I haven't quite worked out all of the kinks when it comes to these intersections of walls (usually an exterior corner where an interior wall ties into them).  I will need give this some more thought.

One could use the subtractive feature to remove the drywall, but that is a cumbersome way to do it in my opinion.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Stephan B

Some kind of way to more easily deal with this scenario would definitely be nice.

Medeek

I've got an idea but it would involve two more parameters for horizontally offsetting the start and end of the gypsum.  The advanced options menu will get larger but is it worth the added complexity?

Stephan B

I was more thinking along the lines of a clean up tool for drywall kind of similar to the Trim tools where a user would select the relevant walls where the tool would find the overlapping portions of drywall and then automatically remove such overlaps.

Most likely upon regeneration of the wall, these changes could be lost but having to repeat this step to quickly clean up the overlap I think would be fine. At least way simpler than having to manually edit the geometry.

This would avoid the added complexity in the Advanced panel.

Medeek

I will give this some more thought.