News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Medeek Truss Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - May 16, 2024, 09:40:29 PM
Version 3.4.6 - 05.16.2024
- Enabled sheathing, cladding, ridge cap and labels for dual pitch trusses.
- Updated the polynesian truss so layers and materials are properly assigned.
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for dual pitch trusses (imperial and metric units).
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for polynesian trusses (imperial and metric units).
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for bowstring trusses (imperial and metric units).
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for bow barrel trusses (imperial and metric units).

The edit and regen functions have now been enabled for all active truss types within the plugin.  However I still have four truss types that need to be setup and activated. Those four truss types are:

- Clerestory
- Barrel Vault
- Studio Vault
- Double Inverted

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and that is the reason I have not circled back to complete these additional truss types but they are on my radar, just not the highest priority.

Enabling the full parametric ability of each truss and rafter roof type probably should have been top priority once I determined how to achieve that functionality however other plugins and other items always seemed to gain higher priority. Either way this is a bit of milestone for this plugin, finally glad to get this monkey off my back. Granted I still need to work on the advanced options for many of these truss types, the work never seems to end.

I'm 52 this year, since I started to code this plugin in 2015 I've been through a neck and a back surgery (2016 and 2023), but somehow I'm still going and I am very much back in the saddle. Looking at my rather lengthy todo lists for each plugin (including the Floor plugin) I've probably got enough development stuff to keep me gainfully occupied for the next 8-10 years.
Medeek Electrical Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - May 15, 2024, 09:01:17 PM
Version 1.4.3 - 05.15.2024
- Added a "SQTUBE" shape to the wire module for electrical chases.

This update per customer request.
Medeek Project Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - May 15, 2024, 12:53:18 PM
Version 1.2.3b - 05.15.2024
- Fixed a minor bug with the estimating module (wall material library initialization).
Medeek Wall Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - May 14, 2024, 10:58:53 PM
Version 3.6.2 - 05.14.2024
  • Enabled wall sheathing 2 statistics for the Medeek Estimating Module.
  • Fixed a bug with wall presets and the wall sheathing 2 option.
Medeek Truss Designer / Re: Truss designer results
Last post by Medeek - May 14, 2024, 02:03:09 PM
Can you duplicate the results for each truss type and then save the results to a PDF, then email it to me so I can take a look at it.
Medeek Project Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - May 14, 2024, 01:06:04 PM
Version 1.2.3 - 05.14.2024
- Fixed a minor bug with the estimating module (wall header library initialization).
Last post by Medeek - May 13, 2024, 11:21:22 AM
Version 3.6.1 - 05.13.2024
- Added Symbol 2 Layer specfically for 2D door swing symbols (Layer tab of the global settings).

Medeek Truss Plugin / Re: Development and Updates fo...
Last post by Medeek - May 10, 2024, 06:40:08 PM
Version 3.4.5 - 05.10.2024
- Enabled ceiling insulation for shed rafter roofs: Batt, Blown-in.
- Enabled ceiling insulation for gable rafter roofs: Batt, Blown-in.
- Enabled ceiling insulation for hip rafter roofs: Batt, Blown-in.
- Enabled the "Edit Truss Assembly" function for all flat trusses (imperial and metric units).

Last post by Medeek - May 05, 2024, 01:03:08 PM
The original 3D cladding tutorial showed the following four materials:

- Board and Batten
- Shiplap
- Log
- Lap

The three additional ones added since this video are:

- Metal
- Shiplap (Vertical)
- Dutchlap

There are now seven different types of 3D cladding materials one can configure within the Custom Material Library.
Last post by Medeek - May 04, 2024, 03:35:01 PM
Version 3.6.0 - 05.04.2024
- Added the ability to create custom "Vertical Shiplap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Vertical Shiplap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.
- Added the ability to create custom Dutchlap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Dutchlap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.