Development and Updates for the Medeek Electrical Plugin

Started by Medeek, January 24, 2019, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 0.9.4 - 03.01.2019
- Added a parameter into the global settings to allow for adjustment of the size of symbols and labels.
- Added a parameter into the global settings to allow for adjustment of the font for text found within symbols and labels.

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 0.9.5 - 03.06.2019
- Parameter change highlighting enabled for all draw menus: Outlets, Switches, Lights, Low Voltage, Panels, and Safety Devices.

If this change is well received then I will make the same feature available with the other plugins.

Medeek

Version 0.9.6 - 03.09.2019
- Fixed bugs related to compatibility with SketchUp 2015.

Medeek

Version 0.9.7 - 03.14.2019
- Updated toolbar icons to be compatible with 4k (UHD) resolution monitors.

Medeek

Version 0.9.8 - 03.19.2019
- Created the HTML edit switch menu and enabled editing for switches.
- Resolved some bugs in the switch and panel modules having to do with metric templates/units.

Medeek

Version 0.9.8b - 03.20.2019
- Enabled interoperability with John Brock's Framer for SketchUp extension.

http://estimatorforsketchup.com/downloads/framer-for-sketchup/

I've limited the interoperability to switches only until I can further test this new feature/integration.  Once I am satisfied that there are no issues I will enable all other electrical devices.

Medeek

Version 0.9.8c - 03.21.2019
- Created the HTML edit outlet menu and enabled editing for outlets.

As part of this upgrade I'm also addressing interoperability and metric template issues and other minor fixes for outlets.

Medeek

Version 0.9.8d - 03.22.2019
- Created the HTML edit low voltage outlet menu and enabled editing for low voltage outlets (data, telephone, cable, RCA).

Only three more modules (lights, safety devices and panels) to go and then we can bump it out of BETA status.  Just a heads up, I will probably be increasing the price on this plugin from $20.00 to $35.00 once I have moved it from BETA to the initial full release.

Medeek

Version 1.0.0 - 03.23.2019
- The Medeek Electrical extension moved from BETA status to initial full release.
- Created the HTML edit panel menu and enabled editing for load centers (service panels).
- Created the HTML edit safety device menu and enabled editing for wall and ceiling mounted safety devices (exit signs, smoke detectors, CO detectors, horn/strobes).
- Created the HTML edit light fixture menu and enabled editing for wall and ceiling mounted light fixtures.

Medeek

Medeek

Since the release of Version 1.0.0 there has been a surge of new users:

http://design.medeek.com/calculator/sketchup/data/medeekelectricalpluginusermap.pl

However, I have not received very much feedback (bugs or features) with this plugin.

Please feel free to post feedback or comments in this forum or others.

Medeek

Justin Geis with SketchUp Essentials just posted a review of the plugin:

Overall I think the video is excellent however the demo was of version 0.9.6 so he was not able to demonstrate the parametric ability of the plugin.

Medeek

I'm looking for some low poly florescent light fixtures to include with the plugin.  Please send me some links to any that you would recommend or would have use of.

Medeek

Version 1.0.1 - 03.28.2019
- Parameter hightlight (input) color added to General tab of global settings.
- Fixed a bug with the safety devices module.

Medeek

The light fixture module actually needs to be more like the safety device module where you have a custom library for certain classes of lights and the corresponding symbol.

I need to add in the following light types and symbol:

- Vanity

- Fluorescent (surface, suspended, recessed)

- Ceiling Fan

- Ceiling Fan w/ Light

- Canister (Can Light)

- Surface

- Suspended

I'm also debating whether to add in something for enclosed vents/fans for (bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens).  Technically this is part of the HVAC or mechanical system but usually gets tucked into the electrical plan, thoughts?