Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 1.6.6 - 09.15.2020
- Fixed a bug with Tyvek and ZIP Systems sheathing when the sheathing is lapped at the corners (rectangular walls only).

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 1.6.7 - 09.26.2020
- Added additional tool tips to the Wall Corners tab of the Global Settings.

I've been fielding a lot of questions recently about the corner offset parameter and related wall end/corner conditions.  I may need to still provide additional documentation and diagrams to further clarify these parameters.

Medeek

Version 1.6.8 - 09.28.2020
- Added a "Refresh Licensee Data" button within the License tab of the Global Settings.

Previously when you renewed your license you would need to go through some convoluted steps to refresh you license data within the plugin.  This new feature reduces this process to a single mouse click.

Previously the required steps were:

1.) Remove the existing serial number.
2.) Click the Save Settings button.
3.) Re-enter your serial number.
4.) Click the Save Settings button again.
5.) Restart SketchUp.

Greto1981

I just installed the Wall, Truss, & Foundation Suite. It's not producing (layers) now called tags in my version of 2020 Pro! Any suggestions?

Medeek

You need to turn on the layers feature.  To do this navigate to the Layers tab of the Global Settings of the plugin(s).

Medeek

Medeek

Some more screenshots of battens:

*Notice the format of the batten material and its three numeric values within the name of the material.

Medeek

Texture vs. 3D Battens:

Personally I prefer the texture myself, lower poly and it looks just as good or better than the real deal.

Medeek

Version 1.6.9 - 10.17.2020
- Added the ability to create custom "Board and Batten" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Board and Batten wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.

For the plugin to recognize the wall cladding material as a "board and batten" material is must be in this format:

battens_{decimal value}_{decimal value}_{decimal_value}

The three values are:  batten spacing, batten width, batten depth respectively.

There should be no white spaces inserted into the name, only the underscore character in three places as shown.

Medeek

Another view of board and battens:

Just over five years into programming these plugins, I released the first version of the Truss plugin Oct. 7, 2015.

The further I go it seems like I just keep coming up with more things "todo".  I really need to take myself and clone me about five times and then set each clone at developing the various plugins, maybe then I might get somewhere with all of this.

Medeek

Version 1.7.0 - 10.23.2020
- Fixed a bug in the Walls tab of the Global Settings.

whiteoak

I'm getting some glitches when drawing walls where they'll randomly begin to appear at the 0,0,0 coordinate origin instead of where they're being drawn. If I sometimes undo, click off the wall tool to another random drawing tool, draw a line or something, and then go back to the wall tool, the wall will end up drawing correctly. I've been unable to get a gable wall to draw correctly, however. It seems like this just started with the most recent SketchUp Pro update.

Medeek

If you've recently update the Wall plugin from a version prior to Version 1.4.0 then I strongly advise to reset your global settings in the General Tab of the Global Settings.  If this does not resolve the issue then turn on the Ruby Console and duplicate the error and then email me the error codes generated (nathan@medeek.com).

whiteoak

Thanks, I'll try that out. Sounds like I must have missed some guidance on that.

Medeek

The Medeek Wall plugin (and mdkBIM) was featured in this 3D Basecamp Fireside Chat:

https://www.crowdcast.io/e/fireside-chat-series-ep7