Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

1 thru 5 of the items list previously are complete and now functional (not released yet).

First look at an arched doorway:

I now need to complete the door trim, casing and install modules for an arched door. Eventually I will provide the option for all of the various door types (eg. six panel, half glass etc...) however to start with I will just enable the solid arched door.

There will also be the permutation involving sidelites and double sidelites with arched doors, but again this will be work for another day.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

You can set the framing mode of the plugin to 2D or "no framing" 3D mode on a wall panel basis or even set the default behavior in the global settings.

Once you are comfortable with your design you can switch the wall panels to the full framing mode. The no framing mode generates the wall framing as a single solid. Perhaps I need another tutorial that explains this in further detail. Switching between modes is completely automated, just one mouse click after you right click on the wall assembly(s).

The idea behind the 2D and 3D No Framing modes is to keep the model as lightweight as possible during the early design phases (ie. don't over complicate things with framing) while at the same time providing enough information to fully understand the design and its dimensional constraints/properties.

The 2D mode is great for the initial layout but eventually one of the 3D modes will be required to fully grasp the various wall heights and possibly stacked window layouts etc...

Medeek

First look at an arched door frame and (solid) door:

I think the only thing still pending is to make sure that wainscoting module can handle arched doors and then I will make this upgrade live.

Medeek

Version 1.2.0  - 01.15.2020

- Added (segmental and half round) arched doors to the door module.
- Enabled variable king stud and trimmer stud widths for doors.
- Enabled built-up headers for doors.
- Enabled the trimmer extend option for doors.
- Added casing "Style C" for rectangle and arched doors (gypsum wrap for interior wall openings).

I've also addressed a few minor bugs and issues with both the door and window modules. 

Currently the only arched door style is a "solid" door however I can add additional styles upon request (ie. half glass, double, full glass, six panel etc...)

Medeek

Version 1.2.0b - 01.16.2020
- Fixed a bug with wall presets introduced with the addition of the stud spacing offset parameter.

*** CRITICAL BUG FIX ***
If you have previously installed Version 1.1.8 thru Version 1.2.0 then you will want to update your installation to this latest version.  The bug was introduced into the wall presets module on 01/06/2020 when the stud spacing offset parameter was added.  This bug fix should resolve that bug and allow the creation of wall presets with this latest parameter added to the list of wall parameters.

Medeek

Version 1.2.1 - 01.17.2020
- Added FLUSH:MITER and MITER:FLUSH option to the Wall Cladding Corners parameter.
- Fixed a second bug with wall presets introduced with the addition of the stud spacing offset parameter.

The additional options for the Wall Cladding Corners parameter is specifically for situations where you encounter a wall cladding material/thickness change at an inside corner as shown.

Medeek

Version 1.2.1b - 01.17.2020
- Added (segmental and half round) arched double doors to the door module.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f1bbde95-c609-40eb-b2ce-67204d8bf0ad/Double-Arched-Solid-Door

Medeek

I've been considering add an advanced option for Quoins (outside corners only):

The required parameters would probably be:

Style:
Length 1:
Length 2:
Height:
Spacing:
Thickness:
Material:

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/2d6196f1-b1ef-4731-94a3-32a9698ab863/Quoins

Medeek

Version 1.2.1c - 01.17.2020
- Fixed a number of bugs related to stacked doors, door sidelites and backward compatibility with previous versions.
- Added (segmental and half round) arched half glass doors to the door module.

Half glass option per customer request.

Medeek

Version 1.2.1d - 01.18.2020
- Fixed the praire and perimeter grille style for arched half glass and full glass doors.
- Added (segmental and half round) arched full glass doors to the door module.

It seems like there is always more with doors.  The items still needing attention with the door module are:

- Option for transom window above rectangular and arched doors.
- Sidelites for arched doors.
- Additional door types for arched doors (ie. six panel, double half glass, double full glass etc...)
- Sliding doors
- Pocket doors
- Closet bi-fold doors

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/771d1d73-3aea-429f-99d8-caeb9c4c2fa3/Arch-Full-Glass-Doors

Medeek

Had to take a break from the plugin code for a few days and migrate my server to a new better arrangement in Seattle.  One of those necessary evils of running a primarily online business.

Happy to say that I think I've made the transition successfully (after a few stressful days and all nighters).  Hopefully back in the saddle today and looking at the window/door modules and generic walls, this one should be interesting.

Medeek

Version 1.2.2  - 01.25.2020

- Added (segmental and half round) arched half glass double doors to the door module.
- Added (segmental and half round) arched full glass double doors to the door module.

Medeek

Version 1.2.3 - 01.30.2020
- Enabled up to four king and/or four trimmer studs for windows.
- Enabled up to four king and/or four trimmer studs for doors.
- Enabled up to four king and/or four trimmer studs for garage doors.

Eight studs deep may seem a bit excessive but it's there if you need it.

Medeek

Version 1.2.4 - 02.07.2020
- Fixed a bug with the gypsum wrap for rectangular and arched door openings of interior walls.