Development and Updates for the Medeek Wall Plugin

Started by Medeek, March 04, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 1.3.9 - 04.28.2020
- Added a "Terminal" end wall condition.

The principal use of this end condition is for interior walls terminating against multi-wall corners as shown above.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.

Medeek

Version 1.4.0 - 05.01.2020
- Enabled a second layer of gypsum for interior and exterior walls.

This update adds an optional 2nd layer of gypsum to the wall assembly.  By disabling the first layer of gypsum one can create an air gap between the 2nd layer of gypsum and the framed wall.

This update also addresses a minor bug caused by the updates in Version 1.3.8.

This latest update will require the user to recreate their wall presets since three new parameters have been added to the wall attribute library.

View an example of double gypsum walls here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/fca7d773-6c68-4b86-b51e-68492cef6ce4/Double-Gypsum-Walls

Medeek

Version 1.4.0b - 05.01.2020
- Fixed a critical bug with the tee intersection ladder blocking with walls with no openings.
- Added a "Rustic Shiplap" built-in material into the material library.

Medeek

The Wall plugin has been slowly maturing over the last few months, however I am quite sure there are still a few more bugs that I am hoping to uncover and resolve.

In an effort to flush out these last remaining bugs I will be offering a "Bug Discovery" incentive program.  If you find and report a bug and I then verify that it is indeed a bug in the code (not an unfinished feature/module or user error), you will then be entitled to an additional year added on to your current update expiration date of your license/serial number.

This program will also be extended to all other Medeek plugins.  The credit can only be applied to the plugin(s) in which they were found.

Hopefully this will encourage users to help find and report bugs and ultimately make all of the plugins that much more robust.

Please send all bug reports directly to me at nathan@medeek.com

Please do not include any SketchUp models large than 2 MB or large video files or MS Word documents.  Screen shots and output from the ruby console is always very helpful.

Medeek

Per a customer request I will be including a material for HardiPlank Colonial Roughsawn siding in the next release of the plugin.  It is a slightly different texture than the lap siding with a 6.75" reveal (versus 7").

If you would like to utilize the material right away you can find it attached to this model:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/23a075c0-159b-488d-96c8-a2b9b87157eb/HardiPlank-Colonial-Roughsawn-Siding

Medeek

Version 1.4.1 - 05.12.2020
- Enabled a tapered wrap for a free standing columns.
- Added a HardiPlank Colonial (Rough Sawn) built-in material into the material library.

Two new parameters:  Taper and Taper Offset

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/327d5d82-ce92-4349-8320-799eae8c9dd7/Tapered-Square-Column

Medeek

Version 1.4.1b - 05.13.2020
- Added a "Style2" hardware option (Lever & Lock) to the garage door module.

This additional hardware option added per customer request.

Medeek

Version 1.4.2 - 05.14.2020
- Added a layer for posts to the advanced layer options (Layer tab of the global settings).
- Added a layer for blocking to the advanced layer options (Layer tab of the global settings).

Medeek

First look at the blocking toolbar:

I will also be removing the Fixtures toolbar from the Wall plugin, this toolbar will become part of the upcoming Medeek Interior plugin.

The blocking tool will not only be available for use with the Wall plugin but also the Truss and upcoming Floor plugin as well as any generic wall or roof.

Medeek

My intent is to have the blocking tool place the blocks within the wall panel assembly/group. However would there be a case where the user would want to create the blocks as stand alone entities outside of any wall, roof or floor assembly?

Medeek

Version 1.4.3 - 05.17.2020
- Added a blocking tool/module for inserting custom blocks into Medeek walls, roofs, floors or generic groups.
- Added the Blocking toolbar and icons.
- Removed the Fixtures toolbar and icons.

Note, that the blocking is automatically retained within the wall, roof or floor assembly after a regen or edit of the primary assembly.

After selecting the first point one can toggle the positioning of the blocking with the "Ctrl" key.  There are nine possible positions the block can be inserted at.

The blocking is placed on the framing layer unless the advanced layers are turned on, in which it is placed on a specific blocking layer.

I will be releasing a tutorial video shortly on this new tool.

Medeek

After putting this new tool through its paces for a few more minutes it immediately jumps out at me that it would be really nice to have a hot key for toggling the rotation (zero or ninety). For other custom rotations the user can simply key in the desire rotation in the menu.

What key should I use to toggle the rotation? I'm already using the Ctrl key to toggle placement location.

Medeek

Version 1.4.3b - 05.17.2020
- Added the "Shift" hotkey to the blocking draw tool in order to toggle the block rotation between zero and ninety degrees.

Medeek

Medeek

Version 1.4.4 - 05.24.2020
- Added I-Joist blocks to the the blocking module: TJI, BCI, LPI, Red-I, PKI.