Changelog - Medeek Wall
This Changelog is a list of all of the signficant updates and modifications that have occurred with the Medeek Wall extension since its inception in May of 2018. The most current versions/revisions are listed at the top.
- Added sidelites (double and single) for all door types.
- Enabled 5-lite (full glass) and 3-lite (half glass) grilles for door sidelites.
Version 0.9.1 - 08.15.2018 thru 08.17.2018
- Added an HTML "Draw Wall" menu option. This is toggled in the global settings with the Graphical UI parameter.
- Configured the HTML "Draw Wall" menu to remember the previous settings.
- Added an option in the Walls tab of the Global Settings to auto-load a wall preset within the HTML Draw Wall menu.
Version 0.9.0 - 08.03.2018 thru 08.09.2018
- Added gothic and segmental arched windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to arched and gothic arch windows.
- Enabled all interior casing styles (Style A, Style B, and Style C) for gothic and arch windows.
- Critical fix to the auto-corner configuration module which addresses a bug with multi-story construction.
- Added logic so that callouts for stacked windows are properly cascaded.
Version 0.8.9 - 07.25.2018
- Added the CMU framing mode for concrete block wall construction.
- Stud/Wall Depth and Width parameters added to the Walls tab of the Global Settings.
- Added double, triple and quad casement windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Resolved a bug in the window and door attribute library modules.
Version 0.8.8 - 07.24.2018
- Added an additional "mode" parameter for exterior wainscoting, which allows for multiple configurations of partial wainscoting.
Version 0.8.7 - 07.18.2018 thru 07.22.2018
- Added oval and round windows to the window draw and edit modules.
- Enabled trim, casing and window installation for oval and round windows.
- Added a 5-Lite Circular Grille for all window types.
- Enabled all standard grille types for oval and round windows.
- Addressed a number of miscellaneous bugs related to metric templates.
- Added a start and end parameter for exterior wainscoting, which allows for partial wainscoting of a wall panel.
- All window grille types extended to half glass and full glass doors (single/double).
Version 0.8.6 - 07.14.2018 thru 07.16.2018
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to rectangular windows.
- Added shutters: Solid, Flat Panel, Raised Panel, Louver, Board & Batten to arched windows.
- Shutter geometry parameter allows for: Left, Right or Double.
Version 0.8.5 - 07.11.2018 thru 07.12.2018
- Added the Prairie Grille for picture windows.
- Added "Casement" and "Fixed" to the window installation types, these currently are modeled identical to the picture window type.
- Added a "No Header" option for windows.
- Updated the licensing system to include a 30 day limit of the trial version.
- Added Simpson Strong-Tie APL4 Beam-to-Column Tie to the beam hanger library.
- Name of plugin changed to "Medeek Wall".
- Added the following Grille Types for all windows: Prairie, Perimeter, Short Fractional, Farmhouse, Grid2x2, Grid2x3, Grid3x2, Grid3x3.
Version 0.8.4 - 07.05.2018 thru 07.09.2018
- Added frieze and skirt board options to the exterior trim module.
- Added an optional drip cap to the skirt board (dimensions can be set in the global settings).
- Similar to the band board the skirt and frieze can cut through the corner trim.
- Each wall panel now has a name assigned to it, which can be edited in the wall edit menu.
- LVL beam depths now include 22" and 24" beam sizes. LVL edge texture has been updated.
- Fixed the door handing for in-swing doors.
- Callout for in-swing doors moved to interior side of wall.
- Horizontal trim elements terminate at window and door trim.
- Added the following door types: flat four panel, flat two panel (single and double).
- Added a vertical offset parameter for doors that allows a door to be positioned below the bottom plate of the wall.
Version 0.8.3 - 07.02.2018 thru 07.04.2018
- Added a band board option to the exterior trim module.
- The "band thru corner" option allows the band board to cut through the corner trim.
- Fixed a bug with the wall edit menu so that it loads default global settings for advanced wall options as required.
- Release date and sub. revision numbers are now correctly reported in the global settings license tab.
Version 0.8.2 - 06.28.2018
- Added the ability to draw and edit beams with the Beams/Column Toolset.
- Glulam, PSL, LVL, LSL, Timber and Lumber beam types added to the beam module.
- Start and end cut options (miter,firecut) added to the advanced options for beams.
- Steel: Wide Flange (W) beam types added to the beam module.
- Added a hanger library (customizable) and the ability to place hangers at the start and/or end of a beam.
- Created a number of low polygon count Simpson Strong-Tie hanger and column caps.
Version 0.8.1 - 06.24.2018 thru 06.26.2018
- Enabled exterior wainscoting for Ext-Int walls.
- Added additional parameters to the wainscot menu for window and wall ledges.
- Wainscot "cut" parameter added to the exterior trim menu in order to optionally cut corner trim at the wainscot height.
- Added the following double door types: solid, six panel, half glass, full glass.
- Fixed a bug where wall corner trim thickness equals trim width.
Version 0.8.0 - 06.21.2018
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete pre-fab shear wall panels with the SSW Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle SSW annotations independent of window, door and column annotations.
- SSW annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.
- Added the ability to toggle between center, left or right positioning (by pressing the CTRL key) while drawing windows, doors, columns or SSWs.
Version 0.7.9 - 06.18.2018
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete wall columns with the Beams/Column Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle beam and column annotations independent of window/door annotations.
- Column annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.
- Sub-groups within wall panels can be made persistent by naming these groups or component instances to (custom1, custom2, custom3, etc...), also all other user defined geometry (ie. faces, text, lines and dimensions) are also retained when the wall panel is regenerated by the plugin.
Version 0.7.8 - 06.14.2018
- Added the ability to create, load and delete wall presets within the Edit Wall (HTML) Menu.
- Fixed a bug within the auto-corner configuration module which caused issues for walls less than 36" in height.
- The wall length in the Edit Wall Menu updated to ft-in from decimal feet (imperial templates), also fixed a bug in the wall length for metric templates.
Version 0.7.7 - 06.08.2018 thru 06.09.2018
- Created the Medeek Wall Plugin LT, a lighter version of the plugin with internal wall framing, estimating and engineering removed.
- Horizontal and Vertical OSB sheathing materials added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Horizontal and Vertical plywood sheathing materials added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Tyvek + OSB material added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Added 2D construction line options for sheathing, cladding and gypsum within the global settings.
- Fixed a bug within the corner trim module (trim width).
- Added additional standard metric stud sizes: 36x68, 36x98, 36x148, 36x198, 48x72, 48x98, 48x148, 48x198
Version 0.7.6 - 06.04.2018 thru 06.07.2018
- Added the option for Glulam Beams for window and door headers.
- Cladding corner treatment now has MITER and LAP available as two additional corner options.
- Sheathing corner treatment now has LAP available as an additional corner option.
- Cladding materials selection extended to include all SketchUp materials currently in model.
- Minor bug in exterior corner trim corrected.
- The update status message in HTML edit menus (wall, door and window) moved to top of form for better visibility.
- Auto-Corner Configuration algorithm revised to handle "stepped" walls and to better detect co-linear walls.
- Wall "Draw Tool" configured to retain most recent inputs from user. Parameters not shown in UI default to global settings.
- Added the option to toggle between standard stud sizes and custom (user defined width x depth) sizes with the "Walls" tab of the global settings.
- Fixed a bug with the wall sheathing and cladding so that door openings are properly cut out even when the vertical offset parameter is negative.
- Added the ability to lock the cursor to the X or Y axis for the "Draw Wall Tool" (line and polyline) by pressing the SHIFT key.
- Added the ability to lock the cursor to the 45 deg. and 135 deg. axis for the "Draw Wall Tool" (line and polyline) by pressing the CTRL key.
Version 0.7.5 - 05.31.2018
- Fixed a bug with the callout positioning method to allow for the correct placement of wall opening text.
- Intersecting walls now cut through the top plate of the primary walls at tee intersections.
- Wall cladding and sheathing materials option now added to wall creation tool.
- Default behavior for the Wall Mode parameter added the Walls tab of the global settings (Line or Polyline).
- Added DensGlass™ sheathing material to the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Began the addition of tooltips to every parameter within the global settings.
Version 0.7.4 - 05.29.2018
- Fixed a bug with the wall polyline tool so that the wall line will snap to the X or Y axis.
- Added ZIP Systems(c) 7/16" and 1/2" wall sheathing materials to the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Added the Z Height option to the wall creation tools. The Z height parameter and option to enable this feature are found in the walls tab of the global settings.
- Created icons and added toolbars for the Simpson Strong-Wall module and the Columns module, both of which are still under construction.
Version 0.7.3 - 05.27.2018
- Fixed a bug which limited window height to only 48 inches.
Version 0.7.2 - 05.25.2018
- Created the Medeek Wall Plugin, utilizing SketchUp's Ruby API.
- Added the rectangular wall tool with the ability to create window and door openings.
- Created the wall move tool which allows walls to be moved in or out.
For a more in depth look at the development of the plugin and related discussions please visit the Medeek Forum.
If you have any questions about the Medeek Wall Plugin or its development please contact us.