Changelog - Medeek Wall Plugin
This Changelog is a list of all of the signficant updates and modifications that have occurred with the Medeek Wall Plugin since its inception in May of 2018. The most current versions/revisions are listed at the top.
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete pre-fab shear wall panels with the SSW Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle SSW annotations independent of window, door and column annotations.
- SSW annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.
Version 0.7.9 - 06.18.2018
- Added the ability to draw, move and delete wall columns with the Beams/Column Toolset.
- Added a parameter in the global settings (General tab) in order to toggle beam and column annotations independent of window/door annotations.
- Column annotations and representative geometry added to the 2D and 3D (no framing) modes.
- Sub-groups within wall panels can be made persistent by naming these groups or component instances to (custom1, custom2, custom3, etc...), also all other user defined geometry (ie. faces, text, lines and dimensions) are also retained when the wall panel is regenerated by the plugin.
Version 0.7.8 - 06.14.2018
- Added the ability to create, load and delete wall presets within the Edit Wall (HTML) Menu.
- Fixed a bug within the auto-corner configuration module which caused issues for walls less than 36" in height.
- The wall length in the Edit Wall Menu updated to ft-in from decimal feet (imperial templates), also fixed a bug in the wall length for metric templates.
Version 0.7.7 - 06.08.2018 thru 06.09.2018
- Created the Medeek Wall Plugin LT, a lighter version of the plugin with internal wall framing, estimating and engineering removed.
- Horizontal and Vertical OSB sheathing materials added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Horizontal and Vertical plywood sheathing materials added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Tyvek + OSB material added to the pre-installed plugin materials.
- Added 2D construction line options for sheathing, cladding and gypsum within the global settings.
- Fixed a bug within the corner trim module (trim width).
- Added additional standard metric stud sizes: 36x68, 36x98, 36x148, 36x198, 48x72, 48x98, 48x148, 48x198
Version 0.7.6 - 06.04.2018 thru 06.07.2018
- Added the option for Glulam Beams for window and door headers.
- Cladding corner treatment now has MITER and LAP available as two additional corner options.
- Sheathing corner treatment now has LAP available as an additional corner option.
- Cladding materials selection extended to include all SketchUp materials currently in model.
- Minor bug in exterior corner trim corrected.
- The update status message in HTML edit menus (wall, door and window) moved to top of form for better visibility.
- Auto-Corner Configuration algorithm revised to handle "stepped" walls and to better detect co-linear walls.
- Wall "Draw Tool" configured to retain most recent inputs from user. Parameters not shown in UI default to global settings.
- Added the option to toggle between standard stud sizes and custom (user defined width x depth) sizes with the "Walls" tab of the global settings.
- Fixed a bug with the wall sheathing and cladding so that door openings are properly cut out even when the vertical offset parameter is negative.
- Added the ability to lock the cursor to the X or Y axis for the "Draw Wall Tool" (line and polyline) by pressing the SHIFT key.
- Added the ability to lock the cursor to the 45 deg. and 135 deg. axis for the "Draw Wall Tool" (line and polyline) by pressing the CTRL key.
Version 0.7.5 - 05.31.2018
- Fixed a bug with the callout positioning method to allow for the correct placement of wall opening text.
- Intersecting walls now cut through the top plate of the primary walls at tee intersections.
- Wall cladding and sheathing materials option now added to wall creation tool.
- Default behavior for the Wall Mode parameter added the Walls tab of the global settings (Line or Polyline).
- Added DensGlass™ sheathing material to the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Began the addition of tooltips to every parameter within the global settings.
Version 0.7.4 - 05.29.2018
- Fixed a bug with the wall polyline tool so that the wall line will snap to the X or Y axis.
- Added ZIP Systems(c) 7/16" and 1/2" wall sheathing materials to the sheathing tab of the global settings.
- Added the Z Height option to the wall creation tools. The Z height parameter and option to enable this feature are found in the walls tab of the global settings.
- Created icons and added toolbars for the Simpson Strong-Wall module and the Columns module, both of which are still under construction.
Version 0.7.3 - 05.27.2018
- Fixed a bug which limited window height to only 48 inches.
Version 0.7.2 - 05.25.2018
- Created the Medeek Wall Plugin, utilizing SketchUp's Ruby API.
- Added the rectangular wall tool with the ability to create window and door openings.
- Created the wall move tool which allows walls to be moved in or out.
For a more in depth look at the development of the plugin and related discussions please visit the Medeek Forum.
If you have any questions about the Medeek Wall Plugin or its development please contact us.